By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

Buy both.

If not, buy a PS3 first and an Xbox 360 Later.

Around the Network
sly777 said:

I already own a nintendo wii. The console is pretty great but I would like to play games like sport games (hockey, football and basket...), RPG, Shooters...

I plan to buy a new console but I don't know which one to choose ( of course). The two console seems pretty cools but I would choose a console that offers a lot of games. I don't care about movies, photos, music...

Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a ps3 ? Please, don't be fanatic... I don't want to start a war, I just want to find somes answers

Thanks !

I would advise neither.

The Wii already has all your sports needs covered, with much better games than the PS360

The Wii is getting some very good exclusive shooters, The Conduit and Red Steel 2, as well as (no doubt) Modern Warfare 2 as a multiplat

The Wii is quickly becoming the home console leader for JRPGS. However, the DS is the true king of RPG's this gen.

Conclusion: For your gaming tastes, a DS will help you more than a PS360

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Mmmh... who can be trusted ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Sardauk said:
wholikeswood said:
Sardauk said:

90% of what I read on this thread is biased so...

Make a list of all the games you want to play (games ALREADY available !!) and make your choice.

After all, it is your money and not the one of the PS360 fanboys...

Think a lot about incoming games, like, oh, I don't know... Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Trico, etc.

... typical PS3 vision about the never-ending postponed future domination

Enrk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....wrong it's called having somthing to look forward to....and I read his post 10x over and still don't see where he said that it's going to dominate the competition.

Its been said so many times that such a response is required. He did also put a

Tease.

Squilliam said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Sardauk said:
wholikeswood said:
Sardauk said:

90% of what I read on this thread is biased so...

Make a list of all the games you want to play (games ALREADY available !!) and make your choice.

After all, it is your money and not the one of the PS360 fanboys...

Think a lot about incoming games, like, oh, I don't know... Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Trico, etc.

... typical PS3 vision about the never-ending postponed future domination

Enrk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....wrong it's called having somthing to look forward to....and I read his post 10x over and still don't see where he said that it's going to dominate the competition.

Its been said so many times that such a response is required. He did also put a

what does exacly means ppl use this on different terms im so confused LOL!!!

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
I don't own a 360, but I do own a PS3 (and a Wii).

I can only say: go for the 360 UNLESS you absolutely love Killzone 2, Resistance or Uncharted. 360 has a lot more games, a lot more exclusives, has better multiplatform games and is cheaper.

PS3 is a better multimedia system but lacks the games.

This

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

scottie said:
sly777 said:

I already own a nintendo wii. The console is pretty great but I would like to play games like sport games (hockey, football and basket...), RPG, Shooters...

I plan to buy a new console but I don't know which one to choose ( of course). The two console seems pretty cools but I would choose a console that offers a lot of games. I don't care about movies, photos, music...

Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a ps3 ? Please, don't be fanatic... I don't want to start a war, I just want to find somes answers

Thanks !

I would advise neither.

The Wii already has all your sports needs covered, with much better games than the PS360

The Wii is getting some very good exclusive shooters, The Conduit and Red Steel 2, as well as (no doubt) Modern Warfare 2 as a multiplat

The Wii is quickly becoming the home console leader for JRPGS. However, the DS is the true king of RPG's this gen.

Conclusion: For your gaming tastes, a DS will help you more than a PS360

Who would have guessed that the stupidest fanboy post in this thread wouldn't come from the Sony side nor the Microsoft side...

The said:
Garnett said:

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Which list do you like better?

-Halo 3/ODST
-Gears 1/2
-Left 4 Dead
-Mass Effect/2
-Fable 2
-Lost Odyssey
-PGR 3/4
-Forza 2
-Alan Wake

-CrackDown1 possible 2

-Ninja Blade

or

-MGS4
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Uncharted 1/2
-Killzone 2
-Resistance 1/2
-Ratchet and Clank Future 1/2
-LittleBigPlanet
-God of War 3

-Gran Turismo 5

-FF 13 v!

- Motorstorm 1/2

-Heavy Rain

-Infamous

-White Knight Chronicles

-

Good list!

And Inb4the"HowmanyofthoseareonPC" and "Whichonesarecomingoutthisyear?" Statements are made.

What i added.

I have a Wii too. I used to have an XBOX 360. But if you are looking for an HD system to compliment the Wii, go with the PS3. Whatever you do stay away from the XBOX 360. Or at least until Microsoft has figured out a permanent solution for the Red Ring of Death. Throwing down a huge stack of money for a system that will malfunction on you in about a year is not worth it. The PS3 has a much lower malfunction rate than that of the XBOX 360. Not that I much care about Sony or anything, but you gotta be realistic.

Demonik said:

I have a Wii too. I used to have an XBOX 360. But if you are looking for an HD system to compliment the Wii, go with the PS3. Whatever you do stay away from the XBOX 360. Or at least until Microsoft has figured out a permanent solution for the Red Ring of Death. Throwing down a huge stack of money for a system that will malfunction on you in about a year is not worth it. The PS3 has a much lower malfunction rate than that of the XBOX 360. Not that I much care about Sony or anything, but you gotta be realistic.

MS fixed the RROD,Only about 3 million Xbox 360 had the RROD,now near 30 million sold.