By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Creator: No Wii Star Fox, Wii is a Toy.

But.... thats not to say there will not be a Star Fox on Wii...

Star Fox Creator Won't Do a Barrel Roll on Wii

Q-Games prez Dylan Cuthbert also is the creator of three Star Fox games for Nintendo, but he's not interested in doing one for the Wii. He also says Star Fox fans like furries.

Cuthbert sounds like he wants no part of a new Star Fox title for the Wii. "It'd be a big project, like 100 people on the staff," he said. "It's just not something we really want to do." Wiimote control also doesn't appeal to him, although it sounds like he confused the question from the G4 interviewer. But there was no confusing this appraisal: "The Wii is a bit more of a toy, I think."

Cuthbert also gets a dig in at Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto. G4 asked him why some games (Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault, which he didn't develop) took Fox McCloud out of the cockpit and made him run around, instead of sticking with the title's space-shooter theme.

I think that's all Miyamoto. Whenever I speak to Miyamoto about Star Fox, he says it's not meant to be just a flying, sci-fi shooting game. It's meant to be anything we want to think up. But the core fans don't want that, but Miyamoto doesn't really care about that. He wants to make what he wants to make, so he just goes ahead and gets it done. "

Just because Cuthbert and Q-Games won't be doing Star Fox Wii doesn't mean it won't be made. "Maybe they'll go back to Namco," he speculates. "Star Fox is an interesting brand. It has a very hardcore audience. People like those furries a little too much."

Original 'Star Fox' Creator Not Interested In Making 'Star Fox' For Wii [G4 via Cubed3]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Well that was certainly an interesting and controversial article, exciting even! Exit stage left!

News flash for him: Video game consoles are toys.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

he owned himself
self-OWNAGE

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

sega4life said:

But.... thats not to say there will not be a Star Fox on Wii...

Star Fox Creator Won't Do a Barrel Roll on Wii

Q-Games prez Dylan Cuthbert also is the creator of three Star Fox games for Nintendo, but he's not interested in doing one for the Wii. He also says Star Fox fans like furries.

Cuthbert sounds like he wants no part of a new Star Fox title for the Wii. "It'd be a big project, like 100 people on the staff," he said. "It's just not something we really want to do." Wiimote control also doesn't appeal to him, although it sounds like he confused the question from the G4 interviewer. But there was no confusing this appraisal: "The Wii is a bit more of a toy, I think."

Cuthbert also gets a dig in at Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto. G4 asked him why some games (Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault, which he didn't develop) took Fox McCloud out of the cockpit and made him run around, instead of sticking with the title's space-shooter theme.

I think that's all Miyamoto. Whenever I speak to Miyamoto about Star Fox, he says it's not meant to be just a flying, sci-fi shooting game. It's meant to be anything we want to think up. But the core fans don't want that, but Miyamoto doesn't really care about that. He wants to make what he wants to make, so he just goes ahead and gets it done. "

Just because Cuthbert and Q-Games won't be doing Star Fox Wii doesn't mean it won't be made. "Maybe they'll go back to Namco," he speculates. "Star Fox is an interesting brand. It has a very hardcore audience. People like those furries a little too much."

Original 'Star Fox' Creator Not Interested In Making 'Star Fox' For Wii [G4 via Cubed3]

Dang Cuthbert sounds like a total d-bag.  Narrowminded on the Wii and expanding the Starfox franchise.  A mix of air and ground missions is nice.

Around the Network

LOL at the idea that the PS3 and 360 aren't 'toys'.

Adventure is one of my favourite Gamecube games. I sincerely hope that he's one of the ones who bitched about Resident Evil 4. Insulting Shigeru Miyamoto is something that you just. don't. do.

Also, Shigeru Miyamoto created Star Fox, not this moron

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
LOL at the idea that the PS3 and 360 aren't 'toys'.

Adventure is one of my favourite Gamecube games. I sincerely hope that he's one of the ones who bitched about Resident Evil 4. Insulting Shigeru Miyamoto is something that you just. don't. do.

Also, Shigeru Miyamoto created Star Fox, not this moron

Exactly.  It amazes me how unprofesional and narrowminded some of these devs are when they talk about Wii.

What the fuck?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Why do the majority of developers disrespect the wii?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

He isn't the Star Fox creator. Also, he didn't do anything on Star Fox 64, so I don't really care.