By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchises which lost the plot

Onyxmeth said:

I'm confused. Am I misunderstanding the title of "plot" meaning it's story and not a general drop in quality, or is half the topic missing the point by concentrating on games that were always devoid of plot? If it's how I see it, I don't get how Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario, Winning Eleven, Need for Speed, Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution, etc. have lost the plot when they never really had any to begin with.

I felt like the OP meant the lose of the general foucs and what made those games so great

for example, Crash while with ND was great but after that not so much

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Tony Hawk springs to mind, i loved Tony Hawks 1 and right up to Project 8, but boy did Proving ground suck. (Annoying challenges, boring challenges that involved you editing ect)

Still, i do hope they return with a new Tony Hawk soon (And not with damn analog controls like every other extreme sports game seems to be doing lately grrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

That's so true mate.

The only other Tony Hawk game I disliked aside from Proving Ground was American Wasteland. Boring as hell.

Project 8 was fantastic: Still unbelievable good graphics; Great surrounding area; Introduced Nail the Trick (looks awesome); has actually a not so bad story.

It was one of my brother's first games on his 360 and I was f*ckin envious.

And yeah I also hate Skate

Definitely Need for Speed

'lost the plot' is a figure of speech, it means, bluntly, they messed it up. But you're welcome to discuss the storylines as well

Initiating social expirement #928719281