By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock is unstopable!!!

nice work from Bioshock. I wonder what would happen if Nintendo had released Metroid Prime in Europe/Australia at the same time as in USA?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
friedtofu said:
@LingLing - Hmm, thats cool. Im guessing it could attract alot of non-fps players to the genre.

Being a complete FPS noob, I was interested too and visited a friend to play Bioshock for a few hours. But in the end, I was very disappointed: The atmosphere and story and graphics are fantastic, but the gameplay... in the end, it's, well, a shooter.

I was hoping for some sort of action-adventure game, cause the artwork and setting reminded me of "Grim Fandango" or "The Dig" (good times!). But as it is, it's much too violent and sterotypical for my taste. 

No bash, just my opinion, since you were talking about Bioshock appealing to non-FPS gamers.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Good to see that two of the consoles seem to be hitting their stride with their line up of games this season. By Christmas they 360 and Wii will both have a strong enough game library to really tempt a wide audience.

Well, it helps if you like shooters in the case of the 360.

More good news for bioshock, HD gaming is the way to go :)

kber81 said:

Hehe... It's all about fun... seriously I don't find Singstar great too... I've pointed on Nintendo because Wii sports, Wii play and Mario Party 8 are always around... on US and JP charts at least.

Yeah, but in many places around Europe it's more like Buzz and Singstar week after week, going for years now, even today. Buzz, Sony Portugal basically paid to have it played on a talk show on TV, multiple times too (first the Music Quiz, then the Big, then the Sports - I'm surprised they didn't get little children to play the kid's ones, but maybe they did early sunday mornings or something). They do the only gaming advertising in Portugal, BTW. Singstar also has a gazillion versions, international and national, this and that. But americans are so clueless about these games they thought "Scene It?" was novel at E3 ("did you see that controler thing!? uaaau!", hehe).

So... who's ruining gaming now, with all their 40+million units sold in PAL and stuff? 

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network
KruzeS said:

only gaming advertising in Portugal, BTW. Singstar also has a gazillion versions, international and national, this and that. But americans are so clueless about these games they thought "Scene It?" was novel at E3 ("did you see that controler thing!? uaaau!", hehe).

Uh, no. I didn't see anyone do anything except groan after seeing that Scene It controller.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

GranTurismo said:
More good news for bioshock, HD gaming is the way to go :)

Since the PS3 was the only console with a flop game, I think that assumption is a bit premature.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.