By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock is unstopable!!!

Whilst Bioshock pulled in an impressive 150000 in its second week in the USA, following an enourmous 400000 opening, its been even more successful in Australia and the UK. 

In both of these regions, the Xbox 360 version of the game has now topped the charts for two weeks in a row, with the PC versions ranking in the top 10 on every occassion as well.  In the UK in particular, Bioshock had the largest debut of any 360 game in history after Gears of War.

Although data in broader Europe is harder to come by for software, one thread here on VG lists Bioshock 360 as number one and Bioshock PC as number 6 in Sweden last week.

Germany was unique in that the PC Bioshock topped the charts in tis first week with the 360 version coming in at sixth.

Having played the game through i belive its a genuine contender for game of the year, so how many copies do people think it will sell worldwide?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
It's alway good to hear that good games sell descently. Seriously, I'm tired with all multimillion Nintendo minigames topping all charts...

Bioshock has had a nice start, but will have to hurry if it wants to sell well with Halo 3 on the way.

My guess is that it'll become the 360's second best selling game out of the ones currently available, right after Gears of War, and settle somewhere between 2 and 3M.

kber: I'm personally fed up with all those crappy Singstar games on the PS2 topping the lists where I live, but hey let's be pricks and blame the other company for ruining gaming.

I told you guys, Germany is PC land.

Anyway goooooo Bioshock, thank god a great game like this is selling well, let´s hope they make more :) 

Parokki said:

kber: I'm personally fed up with all those crappy Singstar games on the PS2 topping the lists where I live, but hey let's be pricks and blame the other company for ruining gaming.

Hi kber :) Gotta say Parokki's right, in Germany it's been Singstar occupying the charts for YEARS now, in a gazillion of versions.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network
ElRhodeo said:

Hi kber :) Gotta say Parokki's right, in Germany it's been Singstar occupying the charts for YEARS now, in a gazillion of versions.

Hehe... It's all about fun... seriously I don't find Singstar great too... I've pointed on Nintendo because Wii sports, Wii play and Mario Party 8 are always around... on US and JP charts at least.

but guys. You should know that Singstar must be a GOOD game, since it's not from Nintendo...

kber81 said:
ElRhodeo said:

Hehe... It's all about fun... seriously I don't find Singstar great too... I've pointed on Nintendo because Wii sports, Wii play and Mario Party 8 are always around... on US and JP charts at least.

Hey you know that is not really fair because:

Wii Sports: You cannot buy a wii without that game except in Japan

Wii Play: You cannot buy a second wii controller without that game unless you're really stupid.

Mario Party: Ok that's one that counts.

Edit: Sorry that was all off topic. I played the bioshock demo on my friends 360 and I must say it was awesome (mind: I don't like fps at all). So: go on Bioshock

@LingLing - Hmm, thats cool. Im guessing it could attract alot of non-fps players to the genre.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Bitter Kber? Pity people aren't willing to just buy into games because of how they look or how mature the game is *cough* - Lair - *cough*.

Anyway, good for Bioshock, its great to see the 360 pulling forwards as the legitimate true second contendor of this generation. I have no problem in admitting this is a game I truly envy the 360 having.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.