By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid or Halo Series.....Which Has Been More Influential!

Hurts me to say this... but Halo has been the most influential. Just look at todays sales of FPS games compared to when before Halo was released...

MGS maybe the better games. But Halo definately has brought FPS gaming to the highest level.

Around the Network
Bursche said:
Halo. One of the reasons why the Xbox and Xbox 360 have been as successful as they have been.

And MGS has done something that hasn't been done before? Escape from L.A. says Hi.

Yeah, because space marines fighting aliens hasn't been done before.

As far as I know Metal Gear Solid invented a genre of its own and made it sell.

FPS wise there is so much competition to Halo.

Metal Gears and MGS1 were very influential. Now Halo is much more.

Metal Gear started on the Nes, and Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (the good one) did stealth better, and before MGS1. Halo was a good 1st person shooter in a long line of 1st person shooters (Marathon/Red Faction for example). Both have rabid followings (which include me!), but neither really revolutionised anything.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Metal Gear started on the Nes, and Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (the good one) did stealth better, and before MGS1. Halo was a good 1st person shooter in a long line of 1st person shooters (Marathon/Red Faction for example). Both have rabid followings (which include me!), but neither really revolutionised anything.

MSX2, actualy. Kojima wasn't even involved in the NES port.

And yes, hardly anyone knows that Tenchu was out a few months before MGS. Poisoned rice ball FTW!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

wow great talks!

Both have their advantages and story lines. They have made lankmark impacts on the gaming life. This comparision might make some ppl's heads explode

Johann said:
d21lewis said:

MSX2, actualy. Kojima wasn't even involved in the NES port.

And yes, hardly anyone knows that Tenchu was out a few months before MGS. Poisoned rice ball FTW!

It is weird that Metal Gear predates first-person shooters as whole but was not the first stealth game. The first stealth game being Castle Wolfenstein which then inspired Wolfenstein 3D which people consider to be the first FPS.

Here is my question back to these titles as original starters what title are beign released now that might future on going titles themselves???

Mr.Y said:
Bursche said:
Halo. One of the reasons why the Xbox and Xbox 360 have been as successful as they have been.

And MGS has done something that hasn't been done before? Escape from L.A. says Hi.

Yeah, because space marines fighting aliens hasn't been done before.

I never said Halo did something that hasn't before, it is quite the contrary. Its the steriotypical FPS nowadays, but that doesn't diminish its influence merely being the IP that it is. Only the "Halo" name can sell a RTS on a console.

MGS has influence, but not nearly as much as Halo. I was responding to the person who said MGS did something that has never been done before, which I don't agree with.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!