By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many Next gen games (Wii, 360, PS3) have sold over 1 million copies worldwide?

Anyone know? PS3 doesn't have any yet, although Resistance is likely over 600,000 worldwide and could get a boost to 1 million from the Euro launch. I think Wii has 3, soon to be 4. Zelda (400k Japan, + 1.3 million N.A. + 300k~ or so else where), Wii Play (950k+ Japan, Feb N.A., and Euro data), Wii Sports (1.1 million Japan). Wario Ware is close I think - it is at 350k in Japan, 250k in the Americas, and presumably a 100-300k in the others...I can see it passing 1 million worldwide by the end of March. 360 has..Gears of War, Madden, Splinter Cell, Call of Duty 3 (with Europe and Feb), GHost Reacon, Call of Duty 2. Dead Rising and Lost Planet are over 500k in North America through the end of February, and probably another couple hundred thousand in Europe..so I expect these title will be added by the end of the month as well. So I would estimate 360 to have 8 million sellers worldwide by March 31, Wii to have 4 million sellers by March 31, and PS3 to have 1 million seller by March 31....hmm 13 million selling next gen games in 16 months (Nov 05' to Mar 06'). Is it just me or should 360 have more games that have sold over 1 million worldwide after 16 months on the market and 9 million+ 360's sold? I think Wii could have 4 to 7 million selling games just in Japan by the end of 2007 (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Galaxy, Brawl, DQ Swords, Brain Training, Wii Health). Throw in Zelda and Warioware worldwide and thats upto 9 games. On a worldwide basis, I'm convinced Mario Party 8, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, DDR, Guitar Hero, Wii Music, MySims and a few others could do a million worldwide on Wii as well by the end of 2007 PS3 should have hald a dozen or so million sellers by the end of the year as well. Motorstorm, MGS4, GTA, Madden, Resistance, and Assassin's Creed should all reach a million sold worldwide by the end of 2007.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Just a little off PS3: 0 Xbox: 13 Wii: 4 For the 360 you missed a couple Link and for the Wii you missed Warioware.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

The problem with the 360 is the focus on certain genre's that appeal to western audiences only, and even then only certain genre's. Personally I think I own less than a dozen console games from last gen that were western-made (out of about 70). I think you can see why I don't need a 360, personally. :) The 360 does currently have the most diverse library of the 3 consoles, but that is only a matter of time at this point, considering the 360's fanbase.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said: The problem with the 360 is the focus on certain genre's that appeal to western audiences only, and even then only certain genre's. Personally I think I own less than a dozen console games from last gen that were western-made (out of about 70). I think you can see why I don't need a 360, personally. :) The 360 does currently have the most diverse library of the 3 consoles, but that is only a matter of time at this point, considering the 360's fanbase.
I guess thats why Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata are coming out this year, right? The 360 has a far broader base this far in it's lifecycle than the first Xbox did, and will improve. The 360 should continue to have the most diverse library. Sony isn't securing new exclusives, and the 360 is getting lots of Japaneese Multi-platform games to expand their base + their current exclusives. Nintendo will continue to promote their own games, so that's as diverse as Nintendo wants it to be. Need for Speed Carbon should be appearing on the 1m seller list for the 360 shortly for Feb. NPD (NFS:C should be around 600k in NA by Feb NPD + a similar # for Europe in a month or two) I dont think Madden 07 on PS3 will reach 1m w/w. The only million seller is Resistance, as it's tracking close to what CoD2 did on the 360. Having said that, the 360 should have atleast 10 more million sellers this year, and max out at 15: Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Halo 3, Crackdown, Guitar Hero 2, GTAIV, Lost Odyssey, Madden 08, NCAA 08 and Forza 2 all should do it at some point. And those are the games that I certainly believe will do it. Should be around 2-3 more that'll make it such as Assassains Creed ,Army of Two, and BioShock, but thats speculative. No idea about March 360 releases hitting 1m worldwide. GRAW2 is an absolute mystery.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Roadkillers those are shipment numbers. I'm sure some of the games just over a million in shipment have not quite reached 1 million in sales yet. For instance, Zelda Wii in Japan had shipments over 550,000. It has only sold in Japan around 420,000...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

The 360 has a 4.6 attachement rate. if there's 9.5 Million 360's sold, then there's been 43.7 million 360 games sold. I wonder if Xbox Live games are counted on the attachement rate, and how many of those have passed 1 million (if any)?? Edit: anyone else think GRAW 2 will bomb?? There's just so many shooter games..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)