By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How is Sony Doing This?(game announcement, after game announcement)

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
TheSteve said:
I must have missed something... Doesn't Sony announce a bunch of games every year? There's not really anything for this year that's more impressive than last years announcements, and even with the sales losses they suffer each year (the only console to do so), they have consistently announced at least a handful of decent games each year, early on. MS won't show their hand until at least E3.

you ahven't paid attention then.

Last couple of weeks (PS3 only,,,PSP is too much to name)

ninja gaiden sigma2

3 namco banadi games

tales of vesperia

New Origo game(lizard one)

mars

syberia 3

ratchet and clankc:crack in time

katamry

and some other games .

The a large number of those titles are multiplatform, others are ports of games that came out for the Xbox 360 long ago (akin to Eternal Sonata), some are tiny and insignificant and niche to the max (Katamari) and the only real acception to these rules are Mars (which looks OK, but doesnt look like a huge budget game by any stretch of the imagination), and Rachet and Clank, which will have been in development since Tools of Destruction was released, prior to Sony's financial troubles really beginning.

All in all, this is neither as costly for Sony or as beneficial to their game lineup as this thread implies.

Who cares about if its niche or not?

The games are going to be awesome!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
TheTruthProphet said:
Sorry to interrupt the sony self congratuatory love fest but reality needs to have representation in this thread and I'm gonna give it to you.

Fact - Sony is in trouble financially and they will be cutting/mering studios shortly. Much like microsoft did with Ensemble Studios

Fact - Developers do not care about blu-ray especially since it is on the console with the smallest user base and smallest software sales. Wii and the xbox 360 are the priority at this moment.

Fact - Ps3 is hard to program for which leads to fewer games and poor quality ports. The only way for sony to avoid this is by making first party games.

Fact - developers are growing impatient at sony's refusal to lower the price of the ps3.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/41735/98/

Yes, the ps3 and psp have had several game announcements but these 2 systems are not moving much software. Even sony's own financial reports said their yearly profits willc be down due to lower than expected game sales.

http://kotaku.com/5136805/this-is-where-sonys-sales-are-lower-than-expected

i dont see any fact....

are you ok?

PLAYSTATION®3

Do we have any idea when the games are coming out? Or will this be another " look how many games we're making! You'll be playing these babies in very late 2009 or 2010!" ? Execpt for the ports ov ToV and NG2, every other title is probably going to come out at the earliest in January.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Cool. More games that no one will buy.

^ wow zinger

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:

Okay guys,If you have paid any attention, you noticed that PS3 and PSP are getting game announcment left and right in the past month or so.

But sony is in trouble financially.How can they do this?

I thought MS said the 3rd party support for PS3 will be dead this year.

Has the merger helepedd them to save money and they are using the saved money on new games?

what is going on?

In any case Sony is on fire with game annoucements for PSP and PS3.

and u would believe them

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
TheSteve said:
I must have missed something... Doesn't Sony announce a bunch of games every year? There's not really anything for this year that's more impressive than last years announcements, and even with the sales losses they suffer each year (the only console to do so), they have consistently announced at least a handful of decent games each year, early on. MS won't show their hand until at least E3.

you ahven't paid attention then.

Last couple of weeks (PS3 only,,,PSP is too much to name)

ninja gaiden sigma2

3 namco banadi games

tales of vesperia

New Origo game(lizard one)

mars

syberia 3

ratchet and clankc:crack in time

katamry

and some other games .

The a large number of those titles are multiplatform, others are ports of games that came out for the Xbox 360 long ago (akin to Eternal Sonata), some are tiny and insignificant and niche to the max (Katamari) and the only real acception to these rules are Mars (which looks OK, but doesnt look like a huge budget game by any stretch of the imagination), and Rachet and Clank, which will have been in development since Tools of Destruction was released, prior to Sony's financial troubles really beginning.

All in all, this is neither as costly for Sony or as beneficial to their game lineup as this thread implies.

This is the first thread and post (including the one after it) where you didn't sound like you're pulling everything anti-Sony you can out of your ass ever since I've joined this site.  Maybe I've missed a few things, but this unbiased opinion thing has never really been your forte as far as I can remember.

Bravo, starcraft.  Bravo. I agree with both posts.

Maybe the PS3 currently isn't the financial burden we all thought. Only analysis' were estimating how much a PS3 costed and was sold at a loss. I say this because you can get a new $300 PS3 from SONY's website when you sign up for a SONY credit card. If everyone took this route, everyone would be buying PS3's for $300. Could SONY afford to do this? So far, SONY has strongly pushed the 1st and 2nd party efforts while 3rd parties are still solidly backing the platform with both mulitiplatform and exclusive games. Makes ya think. Hmmm....

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
Maybe the PS3 currently isn't the financial burden we all thought. Only analysis' were estimating how much a PS3 costed and was sold at a loss. I say this because you can get a new $300 PS3 from SONY's website when you sign up for a SONY credit card. If everyone took this route, everyone would be buying PS3's for $300. Could SONY afford to do this? So far, SONY has strongly pushed the 1st and 2nd party efforts while 3rd parties are still solidly backing the platform with both mulitiplatform and exclusive games. Makes ya think. Hmmm....

The amount of PS3s bought using that promotion is negligible. For starters that promotion is only available in the US (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm pretty sure there's also some fine print which allows Sony to reduce the amount of money they lose from that promotion, otherwise they wouldn't require people to sign up for a new credit card.

VGChartz or NPD don't even track those sales, and that doesn't stop the PS3 from being well tracked.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

GUYS WHAT IF MS IS PAYING DEVELOPERS TO MAKE PS3 EXCLUSIVES???