By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So TOV Jumped Ship to PS3.....is it safe to assume a PS3 SO4 Port is NEXT?!

Spedfrom said:
BengaBenga said:
darthdevidem01 said:
BengaBenga said:
Star Ocean 4 has very bad feedback everywhere and is (supposedly) crappy, so I wouldn't really look forward to it. Vesperia is supposed to be awesome, so that's good news.

Namco =/= SE so one has nothing to do with the other. Based on sales I say SO4 will come to PS3 though.

Really

I heard its the best 360 JRPG from some people

Its plot is what makes me want it most!

I'm inclined to trust the haters in this case...

Why do developers insist on using such RIDICULOUSLY INFANTILE AND ATTROCIOUSLY HIGH PITCHED english voices for female characters in japanese RPGs? Not even children would stand shit like that and I sure as hell CAN'T PUT UP WITH IT!

Voices like that just make me not want to buy the game, period. Even if everything else is good.

OMG, Sarah's voice made me ill. i seriously hope they give us a JP option like Valkyria if this one makes it to ps3. Selvaria's voice was actually deep not high pitched and infantile lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

If they're smart, they'd release a PS3 version with dual voice overs. The 360 version is 3 disks right? (or was it 2?) if that's the case, a dual layer bluray disk would have to do.

I only watched the first part of the video. As soon as I listened to that bitch with wings, I had to stop it.

bbsin said:
If they're smart, they'd release a PS3 version with dual voice overs. The 360 version is 3 disks right? (or was it 2?) if that's the case, a dual layer bluray disk would have to do.

It's 3 DVDs. I don't think they need a dl blu-ray disc. some of the data must've been repeated over the 3 discs

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

if star ocean 4 does come to the ps3, it wont be until spring 2010 at the earliest.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@ROBOT

by then the hype for the XIII will be in present in huge proportions!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I dont think it "jumped ship" It still on 360. That hasnt changed.

EDIT - And yes SO4 will most likely come.

That scene on page 2 lol. If a mate saw you playing that I'd be very embarassed. Soooo infantile. Are most rpgs this way now? I cant believe how bad that was. At least FF is coming

Ynwa.

Valkyria00 said:
I dont think it "jumped ship" It still on 360. That hasnt changed.

Well, aside from Tekken 6, there is nothing for the 360 on the horizon from Namco-Bandai. Considering all the recent new announcements, at the very least, it seems they have faith in the PS3 now.

ToV never "jumped ship" to the PS3. If you've been paying attention, it's pretty clear that Namco was planning a PS3 release from day one - they just couldn't announce it due to the terms of their contract with Microsoft.

As for everyone saying "what does a Namco release have to do with a Square-Enix release?" What it does is provide yet another example of a Microsoft timed exclusive. This generation, Microsoft appears to have abandoned full exclusivity contracts in favor of timed exclusives. In other words: if it wasn't published by Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't own the IP, it's not a true exclusive.

Star Ocean 4 will be released for the PS3 eventually. The only way it wouldn't be is if Square-Enix thought they'd lose money on the port. If the engine proves too difficult to port to the PS3, I suppose that's possible - but extremely unlikely. Expect to hear an announcement in six to nine months, which will be when that clause of their contract expires.