By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - i got ps3 and playing resistance :)

haha sorry ppl i whent to sleep.. i like racing games im just not into the offroad kinda thing doesnt interest me.. im waiting for Pro Street woo hoo bout to play some more resistance lol

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
Around the Network

@ RobMate

Congratz with your PS3! I would recommend to get Super Stardust HD, apart from Warhawk it's IMO one of the few truly great PSN games which clearly taps into the power of the Cell's SPEs. It's cheap and IMO really worth much more than the few bucks you pay for it. I have unlocked hardcore mode and it's really impressive how the PS3 can calculate the collisions of endless asteroids at such a fast pace.

Personally I like Motorstorm as well, for me it's one of the most exciting racing games I've ever played. (I certainly like it better than DiRT and PGR3). I like the car models and pretty unique non-traditional racing tracks. Some tracks I like more than others, the lack of split-screen multiplayer and the lenghty loading times are IMO valid points of critique.

@ z64dan

Every time I play the Motorstorm demo at Target I want to cry. It just seems so slow or something (not framerate, but the actual speed of the buggies or whatever they are).

I've watched a few people who played the demo at the local Mediamarkt store. The things I noticed is that many first time players don't use the boost at all. Using the boost is critical and those who do often keep the boost pressed until their engine blows up... (They thought it was the acceleration button, which is actually the right trigger!) The trick is to use boost as much as possible but also to give the engine enough time to cool down again.

It was so painful to watch them crashing or blowing up their engine every couple of seconds or so and I decided to demo the game for them. They were surprised by how easy the game was for me and actually fun to play if you know what you are doing. Though the demo level if playing against the computer is far too easy for me, so everytime at the finish line I waited for everyone to overtake me again and I still ended first.

BTW, I also like the Sixaxis control for Motorstorm cars which is hard at first, but even my girlfriend has managed to get used to the controls and finish races without crashes. Motion sensing for motorcycles I would only recommend to hardcore players.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

ye ... my friend used 2 have a ps3.. and we played motorstorm... abit but it just didnt appeal to us. so he sold his ps3 IDIOT now he wants one again hah

Games i own:

UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

ohh btw just killed them runner things.. carbine haha i had like 1/5 of 1 bar

Games i own:

08 Predictions

Motorstorm offline is ok! Motorstorm online is sweet :)

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
URNotE said:
shams said:
Apostrovich said:
I'm probably going to get Lair, myself. I'm wondering if maybe the update today will have a demo of it or something. I think I'd like Warhawk, but sometimes my internet goes out, so....

Ahh well, there goes any credibility you might have ;)

it seems like you hate this game with a passion have you even played it just curious

Shams hates Sony with a passion. Why even ask?

Good luck with your purchase, I haven't got Warhawk yet, but it's meant to be great, so I'd recommend you pick that up as soon as possible.