By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - i got ps3 and playing resistance :)

I finally got my Ps3 straight atfer work. Got motorstorm and resistance. i have no idea how people can like motorstorm i was completely bored atfer the first 5 mins. but resistance... im about to enter the chruch.. ahah soon as i seen the door i thort of sony being sued xD

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
Around the Network

I would actually play Excite Truck than MotorStorm, no offense!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Good job mate, glad your enjoying resistance. Totally agree on motorstorm though. It seems to be the only ps3 game playable in stores and it bores the hell out of me. At first i thought it was cause i was playing short bursts, but i got a good half hour on it in JB the other day and it was just plain bland. Even the graphics werent really anything special, they are better in something like Flatout UC

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I downloaded the Motorstorm demo, and that's about all I need. It looks awesome, has really good graphics, and some decent music, but I refuse to buy a racing game for more than 20 bucks. Also, a piece of advice. USE THE SHOTGUN IN THE CHURCH, or you will totally be eaten by the leapers. It's like the only way to kill them all without totally depleting your long range ammo. Try to bunch them up and aim for groups, if they all fit into the same spot, you can kill as many of them as are in range with the spreadshot.
BTW Watch the hell out for Steelheads. 1 grenade should kill them, at least on normal, but I'm on the higher difficulty settings, so it takes like 4 grenades to kill them.

RobMate said:
I finally got my Ps3 straight atfer work. Got motorstorm and resistance. i have no idea how people can like motorstorm i was completely bored atfer the first 5 mins. but resistance... im about to enter the chruch.. ahah soon as i seen the door i thort of sony being sued xD

Hmm, you are pretty harsh with MotorStorm. Demo is pretty cool. I've heard a lot positive things about Multi too. Solid racing game. Shame it lacks split screen. Definitely I will pick platinum edition up. 

BTW... today PSN will offer some add-ons for MotorStorm 

• Vehicle Select enhancement – your last-used vehicle in each class will now be presented as the default choice during vehicle selection.
  • Assigned player colours are now displayed in the lobby to make keeping track of your friends and rivals easier during online races and Eliminator matches.
  • Further Player-Stat Improvements.
  • Purchasers of 'Coyote Revenge' can now race this track in Online and Time Attack.
  • Purchasers of Eliminator Mode will find results from this mode also contribute to their Fame Ranking.
  • Track Exploits for Grizzly and Raingod Mesa have been addressed.
  • Headset support – An occasional firewall conflict with headset communications has been resolved.
  • Headset support – voice comms output now available exclusively through headset.
  • Many other improvements and tweaks throughout the game.
source: ps3fanboy.com

Around the Network

Do you liek racing games in general ?

Motorstorm is very arcade type racer.

Enjoy your new, shiny PS3 mate! I'd buy VF or NGS if I were you; nevertheless, Resistance is pretty good...

I'm probably going to get Lair, myself. I'm wondering if maybe the update today will have a demo of it or something. I think I'd like Warhawk, but sometimes my internet goes out, so....

Motor Storm isn't bad, but I would rather wait for Gran Turismo 5, Project Gotham Racing 4, and Mario Kart Wii. Those will be the best. Motor Storm just got lost in the overly massive pile of typical racing games.

You should pickup Warhawk too if you like online multiplayer and Heavenly Sword if you are into games like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry.

My favorite PSN downloads have been:

Folklore demo
Flow
Super Stardust HD
Nucleus

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson