By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 vs Super Mario Galaxy. Which is the Greatest??

disolitude said:
Err...Id take MGS3 and Mario 64 over those 2 any day.

Super Mario 64, I could understand because it was the first 3D Mario and it was the first 3D platform to use analog. So yeah but Super Mario Galaxy revolutionized itself with the use of the Wii-mote. Metal Gear Solid 3 well I would agree kinda because it gives a huge backstory on Metal Gear history and it also made use of the rotating camera angles wonderfully!

Around the Network

I like both, but I enjoyed MGS4 more because of the story. SMG's gameplay is more fun though.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Snake2 said:
disolitude said:

really why is that? Do you mean mgs3 snake eater?

MGS4 was too busy tying up the story to bother with revolitionary gaming ideas. Also it took itself waaay to seriously. MGS3 on the other hand had some of the collest stuff ever seen in a video game...such as the hallucination scene where you go through everyone you killed in the game or the amazing torture scene or the scene where you wear a mask as General Volkovs male lover and he grabs your ...penis...and says "you are not "whatever his name was" guy". Plus the whole game works as a parody of Bond movies...

MGS4 had a coherent story and recycled gameplay. Boss fights in perticular...what a difference from the boss fights in MGS3, like night and day.

As for Mario...mario 64 got the 3d gameplay down in the first shot. Amazing game. Mario Gallaxy is great 10 hours of fun but never in the whole game did I have my jaw drop as when I played mario 64 for the first time.

disolitude said:
Snake2 said:
disolitude said:

really why is that? Do you mean mgs3 snake eater?

MGS4 was too busy tying up the story to bother with revolitionary gaming ideas. Also it took itself waaay to seriously. MGS3 on the other hand had some of the collest stuff ever seen in a video game...such as the hallucination scene where you go through everyone you killed in the game or the amazing torture scene or the scene where you wear a mask as General Volkovs male lover and he grabs your ...penis...and says "you are not "whatever his name was" guy". Plus the whole game works as a parody of Bond movies...

MGS4 had a coherent story and recycled gameplay. Boss fights in perticular...what a difference from the boss fights in MGS3, like night and day.

As for Mario...mario 64 got the 3d gameplay down in the first shot. Amazing game. Mario Gallaxy is great 10 hours of fun but never in the whole game did I have my jaw drop as when I played mario 64 for the first time.

My jaw drops with all games...lol...It doesn't drop however in games that have way to many cutscenes i.e. Metal Gear Solid 4.

Galaxy, because going against 10yrs of dev., Miyamoto standards and the pedigree of Nintendo is like spitting in the eye of god

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

I got bored of Galaxy after an hour. Average at best and does give me headache even though I play shooting games all the time, like Unreal Tournament GOTY,UT3, Call of Duty 4.

I'm going with MGS4... But that's not an insult to Galaxy which is the best Mario game I've ever played yes way better then Mario 64.

As for MGS3 being better then MGS4 that's just madness. I'm going through Snake eater now and while it obliterates MGS2 it doesn't even come close to 4.

Well, the Wii fans are going to say Galaxy and PS3's MGS 4. I think that's a pretty predictable poll.

MGS 4 is superior to me though.

Gotta go with MGS4

Megadude said:
I'm going with MGS4... But that's not an insult to Galaxy which is the beast Mario game I've ever played yes way better then Mario 64.

As for MGS3 being better then MGS4 that's just madness. I'm going through Snake eater now and while it obliterates MGS2 it doesn't even come close to 4.

Playing a game 4 years later and after a sequel is not the best way to form an unbiased opinion... Just saying.