By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 vs Super Mario Galaxy. Which is the Greatest??

I have always considered Metal Gear Solid 4 as the greatest game of this generation, this is an example of how all games should be made. Quite frankly outstanding!

But recently I purchased a Nintendo WII (Which im loving!) I have been playing Super Mario Galaxy for some time now and the conclusion is......This is one 'Iconic' game from the soundtrack to the gameplay quite simply perfection. The only other game that was quite simply perfection was Metal Gear Solid 4, So I ask you which game merits the 'Greatest game of this gen'.

VGchartz community please decide your reasons with detail, give a reason for your decision. Much Obliged.

For me personally it's too close too call.

Solid snake or Super mario??

VS   

Around the Network

I can't say to much about MGS4 because I haven't completed it yet. And plus I was borrowing the game, so I really couldn't take advantage of the game like I wanted to but with the time I had the game it was awesome. I would put it down as the best MGS game of all time. But when comparing the game with Super Mario Galaxy. I got to give that shift to Super Mario Galaxy. This game is unique and new that brings some new control schemes to the table. I mean seriously Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games this generation!

So I would say Super Mario Galaxy. And I have like 9 stars I think on that game. I like the galaxies and the use of the Wii-mote!

In my biased opinion, MGS4.

xlost7 said:
I can't say to much about MGS4 because I haven't completed it yet. And plus I was borrowing the game, so I really couldn't take advantage of the game like I wanted to but with the time I had the game it was awesome. I would put it down as the best MGS game of all time. But when comparing the game with Super Mario Galaxy. I got to give that shift to Super Mario Galaxy. This game is unique and new that brings some new control schemes to the table. I mean seriously Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games this generation!

So I would say Super Mario Galaxy. And I have like 9 stars I think on that game. I like the galaxies and the use of the Wii-mote!

Yh i agree the control schemes was awesome.

Too close to call for me.

Around the Network

Galaxy

Err...Id take MGS3 and Mario 64 over those 2 any day.

for someone who only played MGS4 for about 1 hour, i cant judge MGS4, but SMG is the best game i played this gen so far, SMG captured the fun of 2D mario's in 3D perfectly.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
disolitude said:
Err...Id take MGS3 and Mario 64 over those 2 any day.

really why is that? Do you mean mgs3 snake eater?

GALAXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!