By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only Wii owner not into Wiiware and VC?

I don't like either of them.  I have no major reasons, I guess I am traditional in I like to purchase a game from a store (or order from Amazon) and be able to hold a case, and take out a disc.  Maybe some of this has to do with cell phones and having to re-download ringers and fighting with the company to have my bill right.

Anyone else like this?  Anyone else like to physically own the games, and not into the download scene?  Or am I the only one?

Around the Network

I don't use either of those :p you're not alone

I don't like them either.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

My Most Wanted Games: StarCraft II, Diablo III, Next console Zelda, and Final Fantasy VII remake.

You three are horrible human beings. You should get your swords out immediately and finish the job appropriately.

I have onslaught(it's pretty cool, I've played it like 10 hours the I've never touched it again)
I have Super metroid and played it 16 minutes and then never touched it again. It's so boring... Metroid is a game that's supposed to be 3d tbh even though it's roots are in 2d.

Around the Network

Lots of people are adverse to it, but generally not for the reasons you listed (more for a preference for piracy)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well i think everyone likes to have a hard copy of the game , but the VC offers so many great classic games that are impossible to find in retail in decent price, lack of physical copy shouldnt stop you from playing those incredible titles.

Wiiware is a good solution because it offers smaller, different games in low prices , releasing them normally would be risky for publishers and more expensive for gamers.

VC is one of the best things about Wii.

The OP and those who followed in the same vein as many people who have not hooked their Wii consoles on-line. The difference is that most of them do not "hang out" on gaming sites.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- I like VC for games I could never get. I generally have the retail copy of anything that I wanted. But I love WW.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

The VC is great if you never owned those games.

i dont have the right internet for wiiware, virtual console, or xbl. but i do love to have the physical copies so i can brag about having them.