By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do YOU think is VGChartz greatest debater? Vote now

akuma587 -- good call. And you're no slouch either, Jackson50.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Greatest as in the most effective or the most popular?  There seems to be some confusion.

mmnin said:
Greatest as in the most effective or the most popular?  There seems to be some confusion.

I think the OP wants "skilled" or "able", which can be different from "effective" depending on how you mean it.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Greatness, being superior, majestic, transcendent, or divine

I suspect a lot of people here are just voting for Khuutra because his recent, mega-length quote riposte to ZenFoldor is the first example of an intense debate that comes to mind. He's a good poster, but I don't think there was any particularly special or useful about that post.

Starcraft's rhetoric is strong enough, but I don't rate him highly (cf. MakingMusic destroying him about GG in the 'Halo Wars & KZ2 legs' thread).

Personally, I'd take MontanaHatchet as my favourite. That said, might as well take most of the staff because they're all excellent (Benga, Bod, Twest, Fishy, Nazna, Onyx, etc).

Of non-staff members, I'd take DMJ. When you ignore all the sycophantic fuss over him from some of the VGC community, there's a veteran of a debater right there. Rol and Zucas are extremely shrewd, too.

Around the Network

my vote goes for Khuutra

Final-Fan said:
akuma587 -- good call. And you're no slouch either, Jackson50.

Stop! You are making me blush. 

Anyway, you are one of the "few others" I alluded to in my post. I also think fkusumot deserves mention; although, he has only posted a few times since January concluded.

Khuutra is definetly one of the best

ZenfolderVGI.

I wouldn't say Khuutra because I feel like I've gotten the best of him myself numerous times.  But PaulWarren said ZenfolderVGI was pretty good because most of the time he actually agreed with what Zen was saying and he has a hard time debating people he agrees with.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

I'm always in the middle of a debate with somebody, and then Khuutra comes into the thread with a giant wall of text to destroy my opponent before I do. He's always stealing my shine!

There's too many good debaters here, which is one of the reasons I'm so addicted to this site. I can debate gaming philosophies, business models, politics, economics, morality, science, religion, and everything in between, with a global cast of opinionated supernerds like myself. That said, I can't remember everybody, but for now I'll give a shout out to Grampy, Final-Fan, Kasz, sqrl, akuma, steven787, Jackson50, vagabond, and Khuutra.

Kasz, sqrl, and Jackson50 are always keeping me on my toes in a good way, Final-Fan gives me hot tips for debating, and I want to be like Grampy when I grow up.

And how did nobody mention Viper1 so far?