By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What are your expectations from MS at E3?

Tyrannical said:
I measure MS success by Sony fanboy tears. The more epic the meltdown, the better MS did.

Ahah so true! This is also why I hope that MS does NOT announce MGS4 for the 360, cause I don't think PS3 fanboys or anyone else would actually care that a two year old game makes it to the 360. Kingdom Heart 3, Versus XIII, or aquiring a studio from Sony would be a much bigger bomb then announcing MGS4

What I do hope for looks like DirtyP's list (which I copied here)

• Alan Wake - Would be Awesome
  • Halo ODST - expected
  • Halo Wars DLC - probably
  • Forza 3 - expected
  • Splinter Cell Conviction - Would be Awesome
  • APB - Would be Awesome
  • Killer Instinct - probably
  • Another game made by Rare - probably
  • Lionhead game - - Would be Awesome
  • Bioshock2 - expected
  • Modern Warfare2 - expected
  • Some Casual games - expected
  •  

Now add a few more "would be awesome" such as Crackdown 2, Lost Oddissey 2, and Blue Dragon 2, and MS would have one hell of an E3.. oh and did I mention Mass Effect 2 will probably be shown at E3 also?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
    Hyams said:
    Undying said:
    TyePhoid_PAL said:
    All the people taking about MGS4 and Versus going multi are probably right. Gears will too unlees MS makes it worth while.
    I expect from MS
    Forza 3 release date
    MGS4
    2 new IP's for release this year

Microsoft own the Gears IP. So no Gears will never be on the PS3.

No they don't - Epic Games own the IP, not Microsoft. They had a two game publishing deal with Epic Games, which is why Gears 3 could (in theory) appear on the PS3.

Of course, there's pretty much no chance of that happening. There's no way Microsoft would not buy the exclusive rights to the next game too, given how successful the franchise has been.

Nope. Microsoft owns the Gears IP, just like the Halo IP and the Infinte Undiscovery IP.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

There are so many possibilities for Microsoft @ E3 2009!

Alan Wake
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    APB
    Huxley
    Crackdown 2
    Lost Odyssey 2
    Blue Dragon 2
    FFXIII vs
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Halo Wars DLC
    Halo 3 ODST
    NEW Lionhead Game(s)
    NEW Rare Game(s)
    NEW Mechassault
    NEW Perfect Dark
    Killer Instinct 3
    Banjo 4
    NEW Battletoads
    NEW Xbox LIVE features
    NEW XNA features
    NEW Exclusive arcade games
    Hulu/Youtube on Xbox LIVE
    Motion Sensing Controller
    Blu-Ray Player Add-on
    Modern Warfare 2 stage gameplay
    Assasin's Creed 2 stage gameplay
    More Fallout 3 DLC

The List goes on and on and on.....

MICROSOFT BETTER IMPRESS ME AT E3 2009 OR I AM GOING TO BE BORED THIS YEAR......D O N O T L E T M E D O W N M I C R O S O F T ! ! ! ! !

PREDICTIONS:
    (Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Maybe bunch of stolen Ps3 exclusives, well there's only one that actually matters, and it's a spin-off, or something. Anyway it's Rare, and Remedy time to shine, or whatever they have left from first party. Time will only tell.

I want a new Mech Assault. Its a nice change of pace from the typical shooter/RPG fare I have been playing recently and of course theres Halo ODST to go absolutely GAGA over.

Tease.

Around the Network
    kutasek said:
    Maybe bunch of stolen Ps3 exclusives, well there's only one that actually matters, and it's a spin-off, or something. Anyway it's Rare, and Remedy time to shine, or whatever they have left from first party. Time will only tell.

MGS 4 or Final Fantasy 13 VS ? And don`t tell me they can not be done on 360 or that the publishers don`t want more money with minimum effort.

MGS 2 and FF 13 are on xbox brand,so it`s not the loyalty problem or port problem,it`s the 1 year exclusive contract. After 1 year,Sony pays more or nothing. If it pays,MGS4 will stay exclusive. If it does not,360 port. The same happened with Lost Planet 1...MS didn`t payed and so...ps3 port.

It`s a $$$$ world we`re living in...and the economy is putting even more pressure on developers and publishers. Wait for E3 if you don`t believe me. When FF13 and Tekken 6 were announced on the 360 at E3...no one could believe it. Guess what`s going to happen at this E3...

I don't really expect much from MS. Every game that they announce will be big news for me. I just hope it will be stuff that I like.

I want Mechwarrior 5, none of this Mechassault BS. Damn Microsoft for dissolving FASA studios, mechwarrior 3 was one of THE greatest games I've ever played.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

What about Elder Scrolls 5? Its been a long time since Oblivion. Even just saying its coming would be cool.

KevinKaniff said:
    What about Elder Scrolls 5? Its been a long time since Oblivion. Even just saying its coming would be cool.

I would be the happiest man on earth. But what does it have to do with MS at E3? (and what does Bioshock 2, Modern Warfare2 and other MP games have to do with MS?)

But the next Elder Scrolls won't be announced so soon. Fallout 3 will be just over ½ a year old when E3 takes place, and Bethesda is a lot slower than that with announcing new games.