Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 10: The Best Final Fastasy

BCrayfish said:
blaydcor said:
By the way, personally, I kind of tier my Final Fantasies:

BEST: VI, IX
AWESOME: IV, VII, X, XII
OKAY: I, V, VIII
FORGETTABLE: II, III, XI

I must politely disagree with FFXI being in your Forgettable tier. Though I suppose with MMOs mileage will vary.

Although I agreed with the tiers, I agree with this statement as well. XI doesn't really belong in the main series IMO. My experience with it was quite limited, but the time I did give it was quite enjoyable and it's certainly an amazing game. As far as I know it has an ever-expanding storyline, world, etc. and doesn't have any real character development of the PC.

Phantasy Star Online =/= Phantasy Star 5
World of Warcraft =/= Warcraft 4
Final Fantasy XI should be FF Online or some other spin-off type thing.

Around the Network

I'll have to make modifications to that list...and also remove the ones I didn't play

BEST: IV, VI
AWESOME: VII, IX, X, V(5 is one notch up, just because playing an unreleased game in fansub is awsome :p)
OKAY: VIII, XII
FORGETTABLE:

besides the main series, I'm currently playing CC and it's fun, especially as an on the go... though I hate the leveling system, doesn't go well with stating the game in hard mode...first mission, please kill 70 enemies that can Twoshot you and attack you from afar with guns... oh guns... hate how you get stunned every hit you get, there is a mission with 7 guys at once... can't even heal fast enough, gonna have to wait to have 5K HP or something... guess it would have to go to forgettable if it was not for the story completing FFVII...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Not the best but it is in my top five.

FFVI
FFIX
FFVIII
FFVII
FFX

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

What?! No way. FFX is not a bad game but not amazing either. FF2, 6 and 7 are all better than 10. Id even put 9 above 10.

FF10 is when things started on a downward spiral for FF's. 10 is average and 12 is diabolicle.

Around the Network

1- FFVII

2- FFX + FFVIII

3- FFIX

4- FFXII

5- FFVI

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

FF IV is my favorite.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

my favorite FF is 8 with 7 close behind. but all of the FFs i have played are full of epicness.

best in order
9 the greatest wow such personality in the characters
7 cmon this game started an rpg revolution
4 played the ds remake and pretty damn impressed pretty deep for its age
8 wow could there be a worse main character? girl all over his nuts and he does nothing. seriously his personality was way to boring.
3 well again a remake for ds and as far as story, was a bit lacking and straight forward but the replayability was pretty good for anyone who put the hours in the iron giant was a mean mug.
1 cmon saved square
2 battle system wasnt the greatest and lackluster story secret blood sword on end boss was nice

I totally agree!