By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OK..So alot of people think the PS3 has 2009 in the bag..what about 2010?

aher052 said:
I never said metal gear solid 5

I said metal gear 5

involving raiden etc not solid snake

Solid part of MGS means - 3D...not the actual Solid Snake

OP:

The Agency, MAG, DC Universe, Free Realms, Twisted Metal, unnanounced titles from SCEJ Japan Studios, SCE Cambridge PS3 game, Resistance 3, MGS5(if its exclusive)

Around the Network
Rpruett said:
scottie said:
I suspect the belief that the PS3's 2009 lineup is greater than either the 360's or Wii's reflects not the popular opinion, but the opinion of yourself and those who you talk to most

I think if we're talking realistically and setting biases aside.  At THIS juncture, the 2009/2010 PS3 lineup appears stronger than either the Wii or 360.  Obviously, a big E3 announcement or two could drastically change the landscape.  So this topic is a bit premature but at this point,  I don't think it's a stretch to say that.

The very idea of trying to set aside bias and decide which console has a better game lineup seems pointless. My point is that I have carefully considered the lineups of the 3 consoles, and I think that the Wii has the best lineup for a person of my gaming taste.

bouzane said:
Squilliam said:
So you know, people dispute the 'idea' that the PS3 'won' 2008 so I doubt there will be any consensus apart from the self congratulations of fanboys who would stack the deck in their favour mentally in any case.

MGS4
GT5P
LBP

Are the three notable releases on the PS3.

Gears 2
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead

Are the three notable releases on the Xbox 360.

Im not really seeing how a reasonable person would call one significantly better than the other.

It doesn't make much sense to list Left4Dead considering that it wasn't even a timed exclusive. Look at the GOTY awards for 2008, LBP and Fallout dominated while MGS4 and GTA4 both did well. It's hardly unreasonable to claim that the PS3 had the superior lineup.

It is unreasonable, because the people who say it has a superior lineup are already biased towards said lineup. Furthermore L4D sold more than Sony's big holiday shooter exclusive (RFOM 2) so whether or not its only partially exclusive its still a bigger game. I prefered the Xbox 360 lineup by a significant margin over the PS3's but it doesn't stop me from looking at both rationally and saying that they were about equal in overall impact.

Tease.

morpheusx said:
Every single time an overhyped exclusive game gets announced for any system we here this, but its getting old (even more so with the PS3)
The PS3 will be number one...
"once MGS4 comes out"
"Haze will be amazing"
"when Home comes out"
"Little Big Planet"
"Kill Zone 2"

Now
GT5 (Forza, PGR, and even Sony's Motorstorm cancel this one out)

God of War III is the only announced game on the upcoming PS3 roster that anyone really cares about period. Most people who care at all about shooter / war games (resistance 3 or MAG) already "jumped in" or prefer to play on PC.

All three GoW games combined don't even come close to the sales of GT2 which is the least popular installment in the GT series. More people bought GT5 Prologue than GoW2.

scottie said:
Rpruett said:
scottie said:
I suspect the belief that the PS3's 2009 lineup is greater than either the 360's or Wii's reflects not the popular opinion, but the opinion of yourself and those who you talk to most

I think if we're talking realistically and setting biases aside.  At THIS juncture, the 2009/2010 PS3 lineup appears stronger than either the Wii or 360.  Obviously, a big E3 announcement or two could drastically change the landscape.  So this topic is a bit premature but at this point,  I don't think it's a stretch to say that.

The very idea of trying to set aside bias and decide which console has a better game lineup seems pointless. My point is that I have carefully considered the lineups of the 3 consoles, and I think that the Wii has the best lineup for a person of my gaming taste.

Fair enough.   I don't know but do you only own a Wii? It's tough to determine something like that if you're only limited to a small portion. Thus the bias I was referring to.  I think the PS3 has a more highly 'regarded' lineup than either Wii or 360.  Obviously game like or dislike is all a matter of opinion but for example if Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Galaxy all came out in the same year.  I would say that Nintendo has a more highly regarded lineup than the other consoles.

Around the Network
Rpruett said:
scottie said:
Rpruett said:
scottie said:

Fair enough.   I don't know but do you only own a Wii? It's tough to determine something like that if you're only limited to a small portion. Thus the bias I was referring to.  I think the PS3 has a more highly 'regarded' lineup than either Wii or 360.  Obviously game like or dislike is all a matter of opinion but for example if Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Galaxy all came out in the same year.  I would say that Nintendo has a more highly regarded lineup than the other consoles.

I do only own a Wii, but I have friends livving in the same wing in college as me with a 360 and a PS3, so I play them quite a bit.

But you are right, usuaully a console owner focuses on games on that console, and I may be guilty of that. But I am just not excited by Ratchet, Killzone or god of War, so that makes it hard for me to be interested in the PS3's lineup

Best lineup of 2010 you say? Heh, how time flies... it seemed as if March 28 was just yesterday...

Seriously though, personal preference, it's a beautiful thing.

Too early, this should be up to debate in about... lets see....6 more months, yeah I think October is about right with 2 months left and release dates confirmed for the rest of 2009 and same for 2010.

Umm, in 2010. I can only think of these 2 games because I want them lol.

White Knight
Final Fantasy Versus 13

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I won't be spending money on videogames in 2010 as I will be buying tinfoil in bulk in preparation for 2012.

But seriously, whatever one isn't over 9000 dollars in an economic downfall.