By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OK..So alot of people think the PS3 has 2009 in the bag..what about 2010?

SaviorX said:
This MGS5 is getting thrown around a lot. I figured after 4, the Metal Gear SOLID series is over.

Why would Konami end one of its biggest franchises???

Around the Network

GOW3 and GT5 in 2010 are absolutely huge. Kind of like releasing Halo 3 and Fable II in the same year.

InFamous, Heavy Rain?, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Kill Zone 2 in 2009 should be bigger than anything Microsoft has.

I never said metal gear solid 5

I said metal gear 5

involving raiden etc not solid snake

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

Squilliam said:
So you know, people dispute the 'idea' that the PS3 'won' 2008 so I doubt there will be any consensus apart from the self congratulations of fanboys who would stack the deck in their favour mentally in any case.

MGS4
GT5P
LBP

Are the three notable releases on the PS3.

Gears 2
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead

Are the three notable releases on the Xbox 360.

Im not really seeing how a reasonable person would call one significantly better than the other.

It doesn't make much sense to list Left4Dead considering that it wasn't even a timed exclusive. Look at the GOTY awards for 2008, LBP and Fallout dominated while MGS4 and GTA4 both did well. It's hardly unreasonable to claim that the PS3 had the superior lineup.

Still way too early to be thinking about 2010, but here's what I think we'll see from Microsoft and Sony:

Xbox 360:
- Gears of War 3
- Forza 3 (Maybe 2009)
- Fable III (More likely 2011)
- Halo 4 (Very unlikely)
- Bungie IP
- Lost Odyssey 2
- Left 4 Dead 2 (Hopefully)
- Rare Project

PS3
- God of War III
- Gran Turismo 5
- Resistance 3
- DC Universe Online
- The Agency
- MotorStorm 3
- Jak 4
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Metal Gear 5
- Twisted Metal PS3
- Syphon Filter PS3

So if even only half of those games come out for each platform I'd still say both of them have a strong year with the better lineup completely up to what sort of games you're into.

Around the Network

Every single time an overhyped exclusive game gets announced for any system we here this, but its getting old (even more so with the PS3)
The PS3 will be number one...
"once MGS4 comes out"
"Haze will be amazing"
"when Home comes out"
"Little Big Planet"
"Kill Zone 2"

Now
GT5 (Forza, PGR, and even Sony's Motorstorm cancel this one out)

God of War III is the only announced game on the upcoming PS3 roster that anyone really cares about period. Most people who care at all about shooter / war games (resistance 3 or MAG) already "jumped in" or prefer to play on PC.

Let's not forget about Mass Effect 2 people!

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

I am really starting to wonder if M$ has any more big games for the 360. I would have assumed they would have announced them by now if they had something. Of course they do have what will be the two biggest sellers this year(for HD consoles) in ODST and MW2, but they need more than that.

That is why I want some Crackdown 1.5 info. Or something.

I suspect the belief that the PS3's 2009 lineup is greater than either the 360's or Wii's reflects not the popular opinion, but the opinion of yourself and those who you talk to most

scottie said:
I suspect the belief that the PS3's 2009 lineup is greater than either the 360's or Wii's reflects not the popular opinion, but the opinion of yourself and those who you talk to most

I think if we're talking realistically and setting biases aside.  At THIS juncture, the 2009/2010 PS3 lineup appears stronger than either the Wii or 360.  Obviously, a big E3 announcement or two could drastically change the landscape.  So this topic is a bit premature but at this point,  I don't think it's a stretch to say that.