By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit to have stat tracking, achievements and extra unlockables

I guess that part of it is the showoff portion, as I felt that megaman achievements were "fake"

Around the Network

unlockables sounds great!!!

Awesome! I love stat tracking!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
thekitchensink said:
TWRoO said:
theprof00 said:
twroo
I really don't know what it is about them. I really don't. So, I don't have any reasonable answer for you either. All I know is that I never thought much of acheivements before and now that I have them it's a big deal for some strange reason.
Plus it's one of the main reasons I replay games. I get a lot of value out of them. I know it's totally juvenile, but there is just something so nice about getting them.

Well I have played games before with what basically amounts to what I explained above (minus the online showing it to people bit) so I am really not interested... I have never been one for showing off though.

Oddly the 2 Wii games I can think of that have an achievment-like system I still have no plans to buy, even though they have been/are well hyped on this website.
Those games being SSBB and Megaman 9.

Prime 3  

Hmm, well I forgot about that, although those were more for unlocking things so it's a bit in-between.... that and I can't say they interested me greatly in themselves... I was much more interested in the unlockables themselves... especially the little bobble head and the beautiful music tracks.... the title music is just stunning.

I never even unlocked everything because I went back to Mario Kart

yay!

Around the Network

It's just nice that when you go back to mariokart there would be even more.

It's not like achievements are purely vanity though. A lot of them are "in-betweens" as you describe it.

theprof00 said:
It's just nice that when you go back to mariokart there would be even more.

It's not like achievements are purely vanity though. A lot of them are "in-betweens" as you describe it.

In other words they actually unlock things... but my point is I would be perfectly happy unlocking things without "achievements"... the unlocking IS and achievement really.

Like unlocking a new bike in Mario Kart, or in SSBB there are stickers and trophys to unlock.

And Mario Kart has the competitions to go back to anyway... twice every month, as well as a stat tracking page (although I would like for some of them to be broken down a bit more, like it says how many total races, but it could say how many on 50cc/100cc etc and such)

All achievments are to me is a text based unlockable that are usually based on what you could find on a good stats page.... I don't understand why people like unlocking text.

Well, from looking at the official MKwii tournament page, I know that you are in the standings. How is that any different being listed on a page than being listed in a tag, that shows all your games not just one?

theprof00 said:
Well, from looking at the official MKwii tournament page, I know that you are in the standings. How is that any different being listed on a page than being listed in a tag, that shows all your games not just one?

The league you mean.... how is that a "text based unlockable"?

I don't really use it to brag though, it was for playing MKWii against my friends here.

If anything I use this as more of a bragging right http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=25478

but I still don't really care about being above everyone else, I just like the feeling when I improve my own time... which is why the ghost swapping feature of Mario Kart is perhaps the bit I love the most.... It's great having ghost "battles" between 2 people both trying to improve.

Time Trials are more like stat tracking, you see your best times rather than get a text message when you go beneath a certain time
The league is merely a community thing.... neither are like achievements.

Any idea what video he's referring to?