By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit to have stat tracking, achievements and extra unlockables

TWRoO said:
theprof00 said:
Well, from looking at the official MKwii tournament page, I know that you are in the standings. How is that any different being listed on a page than being listed in a tag, that shows all your games not just one?

The league you mean.... how is that a "text based unlockable"?

I don't really use it to brag though, it was for playing MKWii against my friends here.

If anything I use this as more of a bragging right http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=25478

but I still don't really care about being above everyone else, I just like the feeling when I improve my own time... which is why the ghost swapping feature of Mario Kart is perhaps the bit I love the most.... It's great having ghost "battles" between 2 people both trying to improve.

Time Trials are more like stat tracking, you see your best times rather than get a text message when you go beneath a certain time
The league is merely a community thing.... neither are like achievements.

I understand what you mean, but there is both an achievment and trophy league here too. It's just another way to socialize with the group here. Also, acheivements record beating things under certain times or difficulty levels too so it is very similar to the "improvement" concept you mentioned.

Let's just say we disagree, I don't see any results coming out of this.

All I can say is that I never liked them, and now that I've actually had opportunity to use them I like them. It's inexplicable.

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
great news. though I don't care too much about stats and achievements, i know HD console fanboys would laugh at the conduit's online for not having it.

don't forget pc gamers

I don't feel anything towards achievements at all, it's not that great unless you need it to unlock weapons and cool stuff like in TF2, I'm talking the PC version of course. I mean, in WoW, you get special mounts, now that's something out of achievements, stat tracking and achievements in general are like, meh, I feel sleepy now.