By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - BRAND NEW IPODS, AND REMODLED IPODS!

Ridiculously popular, too. You could say the same about the Wii, maybe it's not as much of a ripoff, but it's still a pretty high price for its hardware.

Around the Network

didnt the iphone price drop by $200 ?

Hus said:
didnt the iphone price drop by $200 ?

It just dropped to $299 the 4 gig did because it was discontinued. The 8 gb one is $399 but they really need to include a top of the line internet connection because I have heard that it kinda sucks right now. But back to teh ipod the new nano looks completely different than the one which is kind of cool. I still have the old school 20gb ipod from like the second generation which doesn't have color or movies or anything. Damn you Technology.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Wiitendo said:
IT IS NOT AN IPOD CLICK THE LINK NOOB!

I THINK YOU MEANT TO SAY IT IS NOT AN IPHONE NOOB!

For those that don't understand... I pity you :)

This device signals a new paradigm shift. Its completely awesome.

Firstly - you take a phone and drop "carrier" support. The future will be all about VoIP (mobile), and this promotes it. I'm a little surprised it doesn't have a mic jack - but it is a wireless device, so lots of ways around it.

This also means this can be sold ANYWHERE in the world. My mate in Australia has ALREADY ordered one.

This also doubles as the next handheld. Its a generation ahead of the PSP:

- great touchscreen interface
 - better battery life
 - built-in storage
 - nicer screen
 - 'casual' device - not primarily about games (sell to everyone, not just gamers)
 - awesome OS built-in
 - existing infrastructure for music/video download
 - much more powerful (internally) than a PSP

Both Sony & MS will be quaking in their boots this morning. This seriously spanks both companies up, and elevates Apple even further. And make no mistake - there ARE games in development for this baby. I know that for a fact.

This is exactly what Sony want the PSP to become - but they have already been trumpted. It also shows how pointless it is to have a disc drive in a device like this.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

$200 price drop = New Iphone customer

Might pick one up tomorrow.

Cadence said:
Ridiculously popular, too. You could say the same about the Wii, maybe it's not as much of a ripoff, but it's still a pretty high price for its hardware.

You think the Wii or the Ipod/phone is high priced?

I think most apple products are way too high in price, I am not shellin out 600 (or 500 not sure, doesnt matter) for a phone that can look at youtube.  

I dunno maybe I just love my ipod nano too much, but this is a little ridiculous I think.

But yea cadence is right, will sell A LOT.  

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

I think the Nano is a bit overpriced. However, $350 for a 160gb mp3 player is a good deal. Looking around I only found one device with that same capacity and it's $500 (and much bulkier in comparison). I've had 3 different brand mp3 players and the Apple is still tops for ease of use. I may get the 80gb iPod or wait another year for the touch to move to 30gb.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

ALthough the Zue hasn't sold that much, I still like it a lot. Don't have one though......

It's not a crappy peice of hardware (a la Ipod mini)

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Wiitendo said:
IT IS NOT AN IPOD CLICK THE LINK NOOB!

*snickers.*

It's not? Then why did you say it was? 

Anyhow, Zen > iPod > Zune. 

SW-5120-1900-6153