By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (3/26)

Sigh, Wii games are running low on the sales week in and week out. And it's neat that Square Enix was the publisher for James Bond

Around the Network

Im expecting the gradual drop of 4k /week from PS3 HW sales to bring the PS3 to about 19-20K. It should be a close race with the Wii, but possibly the end of Sony's streak of leading the pack.

student said:
Sigh, Wii games are running low on the sales week in and week out. And it's neat that Square Enix was the publisher for James Bond

Yeah, it's part of Square's "westernization" tactic they've been utilizing lately.

Namco Bandai has a new Gundam release almost every few weeks. Geez.

Interesting how they have so many 100-300k sellers in Japan, but nothing that can sell 500k or 1 million.

Looks like I missed one:

[NDS] Space Invaders Extreme 2 - 1,900

Around the Network

What is that Sega Wii game?

@ Chrizum )

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu is a pretty popular anime and this game obviously is merchandise to that series. I'm not sure what kind of game this one is though - I know there was a Haruhi rythm game planed for Wii, but this one might even be a different one.

Tremble said:
Looks like another sony domination week!

Can you point me to a Sony game? All I see is Bandai Namco, Konami, and Sega.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Actually, I was only expecting it do 15,000-25,000 first week and it probably will be able to hit ~15k.

These little games are what keep Wii at 18-22k week after week. Once all the top PS3 software for the week dips below ~20k it is going to fall below Wii. That is probably this week, although it will be close, as RE5 and Musou Orochi Z should both be at like ~12k to 18k. If they hold up a little better, Wii and PS3 will both be at 20k this week.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

SONY domination all over!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey