By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Factor 5: Lair sucks but, hey, it's not our fault

Ok seriously the "Hus defense" is getting old.  If Hus would learn to approach these things without being abrasive then he wouldn't get this type of reaction back at him.  

Lets take a look at Hus' post:

"Article is a joke, lets see the full interview not what they picked apart to make that crap.

Listen yo Julian on egm live, full interview and not some cut up hack job like this."

Now lets see that in "I want to be taken seriously" mode:

"The full interview is a lot better, they cut out some of the context for his statements and made it seem a lot worse than it is.  Not that Lair isn't bad but they are stretching this a bit." 

Those two posts are identical in meaningful information but completely different in how people will react to them.  Hus for some reason hasn't figured this out, and it boggles my mind that people defend Hus when time after time he proves himself incapable of phrasing things in a manner that fosters intelligent discussion and instead finds it neccessary to post in a way that creates controversy.

He can't continually do this over and over and over again and go "What'd I do?".   

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Ok seriously the "Hus defense" is getting old. If Hus would learn to approach these things without being abrasive then he wouldn't get this type of reaction back at him.

Lets take a look at Hus' post:

"Article is a joke, lets see the full interview not what they picked apart to make that crap.

Listen yo Julian on egm live, full interview and not some cut up hack job like this."

Now lets see that in "I want to be taken seriously" mode:

"The full interview is a lot better, they cut out some of the context for his statements and made it seem a lot worse than it is. Not that Lair isn't bad but they are stretching this a bit."

Those two posts are identical in meaningful information but completely different in how people will react to them. Hus for some reason hasn't figured this out, and it boggles my mind that people defend Hus when time after time he proves himself incapable of phrasing things in a manner that fosters intelligent discussion and instead finds it neccessary to post in a way that creates controversy.

He can't continually do this over and over and over again and go "What'd I do?".

Not to mention that the article ddn't actually take anything out of context, which is what he was asserting. 

I suppose Sony gives dev's a bonus to include six-axis controls and a bigger cut if they make it mandatory. But the previews have been unanimous about Lairs controls. Factor 5 could release a patch to include analogue controls or increase the sensitivity for six axis.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

dtewi said:
he claims every reviewer is extremely biased because this is a "Casual" game.

Wow, that may be the worst excuse I've ever heard.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

A pity this game was essentially ruined in large part by the Wii which Sony was trying to copy with the six-axis controls.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

Has any game yet mastered sixxaxis motion controls? (i ask because i'm a PS3 ignoramus). Anyway i understand that factor 5 maybe was hard-pressed by sony to implement the controls because they needed a flagship title to show. Since sixxaxis is a last minute add and panned as a wiimote copy, reactions are going to be negative until a game actually pulls it off. So Lair had a disadvantage even before it's release.

Btw, the gametrailers review devastates Lair. Not even the graphics impress me with those framerates and buggy issues. But i think it's fair for Lair.

Oh, and Wiisports ain't free. It costs 250$.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"