By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What has gotten into Square Enix?

On another note , FF games are overrated (Especially Both VI and VII), They are very good games, but not the holy grails people make them out to be (IMO)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ kas

Bottom line, the OP raised good points, I see some of them. This isn't about what system these games are on, for me at least, but how the games are. Let's agree to disagree, it works better for the both us.

We can agree to disagree sure.  But your point still remains defeated.

These games are still being bought at roughly the level RPGs are bought.

RPGS have a smaller success expectation then other games.

How? Show me where it's been defeated. The games aren't the same, you hear that specifically from fans in this thread. So what now the fans' opinions mean nothing?

They sell the same.  Your point was that the fans weren't buying them anymore.

Seems to me they are.... sales being roughly the same.

Your viewpoints seem to be in the minority.

It's like saying all the fans are mad at Bruce Springsteen because you don't listen to his music anymore... yet his concerts still sell out.

FF13 will bring back the excitment & power people used to feel in the FF franchise

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@CGI

hope?

no definetely

Its the FFX team dude!

Thats like saying the next MGS might be bad

CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ kas

Bottom line, the OP raised good points, I see some of them. This isn't about what system these games are on, for me at least, but how the games are. Let's agree to disagree, it works better for the both us.

We can agree to disagree sure.  But your point still remains defeated.

These games are still being bought at roughly the level RPGs are bought.

RPGS have a smaller success expectation then other games.

How? Show me where it's been defeated. The games aren't the same, you hear that specifically from fans in this thread. So what now the fans' opinions mean nothing?

They sell the same.  Your point was that the fans weren't buying them anymore.

Seems to me they are.

Your viewpoints seem to be in the minority.

Which games are we referring to Kas, IE and TLR are new IPs.

IE and TLRsell the same as Square's other RPGs not named FF, DQ or KH.

Much how White Knight Chronicles is selling around what Level 5's RPGs sell despite the poor userbase.

Around the Network

@CGI

Not for me so far

Except for GTA 4....no game made by a dev I have liked for years has disappointed me!

Onyxmeth said:

If this thread is about a decline in quality then why is it being housed inside the Sony forum, and not the Gaming forum? This seems more along the lines of a disgruntled PS3 fan feeling betrayed, which historically is exactly what forevercloud is. I can pull up numerous arguments he has made in the past to show he is less concerned with the general quality of SE RPGs and far more concerned with the "betrayal" Square Enix has pulled upon Sony. In a nutshell, if the three 360 RPGs were multiplatform, this topic wouldn't exist.

You folks are going to have to come to the understanding eventually that Square Enix is moving away from the HD consoles and moving firmly into handheld territory. You want to know why the console RPGs are lousy? That's because smaller teams, the size that used to make those awesome PS1 and SNES games are now making DS and PSP games. They are as innovative as the jump from 2D to 3D was for Square. The World Ends With You, Space Invaders Extreme, Dissidia, Crisis Core, Sigma Harmonics, Chocobo Tales, Dragon Quest Rocket Slime, etc. This is where the heart of Square Enix is now and some of you need to come to grips with that. Forget the PS3 and 360 being their primary concerns. Neither is a remarkable presense in Japan, and probably never will be. The best chance for a console to grab it's attention is the Wii, and even that is years off.

If you thought the PSOne era was the greatest, most innovative time for Square, then the DS is right up your alley, since it's basically a pocket fifth generation console with tons of Square games. Stop complaining that your favorite console isn't getting attention and go with the trends, because most DS owners are satisfied with the attention Square has given them, and the PSP owners will feel the same by the end of this year.

More of you need to read this post, because Onyxmeth is more on-the-ball than anyone else in the topic.

Want to love S-E again? Get a DS or a PSP. That's all you need.

Want them to make awesome console games? Pray to God that the next generation sees console sales being better in Japan, and then wait.

Darc Requiem said:
Wow Kasz, I was playing Star Ocean IV. Sorry I left you here all alone man. Seems you been fighting the good fight. Forevercloud is a Sony fanboy. If these SE games were on PS3 he wouldn't be bitching, but they aren't so he is.

Ok I am not the only one who has noticed the decline. Besides you and Kasz majority agree with me, SE is F'ing up big time. SO how am I being the fanboy? You are just in denial. Would you still be calling this a fanboy thread if it was made by CGI, someone who has all systems? Or how about anyone else saying the SAME DAMN THING!!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Wow Kasz, I was playing Star Ocean IV. Sorry I left you here all alone man. Seems you been fighting the good fight. Forevercloud is a Sony fanboy. If these SE games were on PS3 he wouldn't be bitching, but they aren't so he is.

Ok I am not the only one who has noticed the decline. Besides you and Kasz majority agree with me, SE is F'ing up big time. SO how am I being the fanboy? You are just in denial. Would you still be calling this a fanboy thread if it was made by CGI, someone who has all systems? Or how about anyone else saying the SAME DAMN THING!!!

The sales don't agree with you.

The majority of people on this site.... in Sony discussion agree with you.

In otherwords... it's a biased sample.

Hey forevercloud3000, I don't agree with you either.

Read Onyxmeth's post. It's kind of required reading for anyone who likes Square games. I quoted it right up there, for easy access.