By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I wipe my hands clean of PlayStation JUST BOUGHT A XBOX 360!?

bum bum bum... another one bites the dust....bum bum bum...

lol I'm just kidding dude one thing that you definitely got right is the number of games PS3 and 360 have in common. If you are really not interested in any of the PS3 exclusives you named then you just made a good decision. Especially considering its a decision that should have cost you like $300 but sounds like it made you money lol.

I'd recommend you get Gears 2, Mass Effect and GTA IV Lost and the Damned before anything else. If you are a fan of RPGs then run to the store right now and buy Lost Odyssey.

One more thing. Don't go all 360 fanboy on us.

Around the Network

Your reasoning all seems very sound and in your case you had good reasons to switch. I am not to sure if the grass will remain greener on the other side but welcome aboard.

For me I would not waste money on Wireless stuff rather I would suggest you get a Homeplug (http://www.homeplug.org/home). This does rather assume you have a router with Ethernet sports begging and you have convenient plugs and a mains ring you can use. You should be able to pick up a pair for the price of the 360 adapter plus you will get a rock solid connection that will not be affected by the Microwave or your neighbours.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Darc Requiem said:
Vetteman94 said:
What a shame, well I deleted you from my friends list to save you the trouble. I just hope your decision comes back to haunt you later, cause it will hurt.

It's a game console. A piece of silicon and plastic. You may need to seek professional help.

I used to, but then she started to see professional help as well.

Wow, maybe something is really wrong with me.

Gears 2 is WAY better than the original Gears of War. It controls better and is more complete of a game.

By the way, check out the Community Games on Live. There is some cool stuff there.

wow i really thought it was Leo-J comeback thread, congratulations on you purchase man! And enjoy.

Around the Network

80 bux for 120gigs is a very nice deal. And you made a great choice with Gears 1, the story is just phenomenal way better than the second.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Darc Requiem said:
Vetteman94 said:
What a shame, well I deleted you from my friends list to save you the trouble. I just hope your decision comes back to haunt you later, cause it will hurt.

It's a game console. A piece of silicon and plastic. You may need to seek professional help.

I wouldn't go that far.  However, to react that way to someone else selling their system shows that people make videogames out to be more than just tools for playing games.  The reaction has religious overtones to it.  Kinda sad, when you think about it.

What hurt here was the 60GB unit giving out.  That hurts.  You lose backwards compatibility in the process.  I am glad mine is working.  If it weren't for the Backwards Compatibility, I wouldn't of spent $500 for the 60GB PS3 I have.

nitekrawler1285 said:
bonkers555 said:
Pristine20 said:
whatever makes you happy mate. That's what gaming is about. I really thing you got ripped off on the trade in value for your ps3 because gamestop will simply buy a new blu-ray drive (people have even done this themselves) and sell it for over $500. Thats a huge ripoff!

Stop saying you can get a $500 for the 60GB PS3.  I prove you wrong the last time, can't sell my for $400 and its comes with games.

Try Craiglist or Ebay.  I've been offered $450 for mine without games when a guy at gamestop couldn't find one that was BC.

He sold it with two DS3 controllers to get his total price except I read the OP wrong. I added the value for all. I should have clarified..I guess.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

richardhutnik said:
Darc Requiem said:
Vetteman94 said:

I wouldn't go that far.  However, to react that way to someone else selling their system shows that people make videogames out to be more than just tools for playing games.  The reaction has religious overtones to it.  Kinda sad, when you think about it.

What hurt here was the 60GB unit giving out.  That hurts.  You lose backwards compatibility in the process.  I am glad mine is working.  If it weren't for the Backwards Compatibility, I wouldn't of spent $500 for the 60GB PS3 I have.

Yeah I agree. That's the PS3 model that I would have wanted. Since my PS2 died early on me, it would have allowed me to pick up all the games I missed. I already told my brother that if is 60GB dies or if he decides to get another PS3. I'll buy it off him. He can keep the hard drive. I'd just like to have a Full BC PS3.

badgenome said:
I, too, thought this was leo-j at first.

year i thought the same thing lol

Check out my game about moles ^