By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Banning of (violent) video games

I am sorry Mr Gordon Brown, but you phail.

Around the Network

I'm freaking 22 with a five inch beard and I got carded here in the USA to BUY A LIGHTER. You can't tell me a 12 year old can go into walmart and buy himself Manhunt 2 when I get carded for buying Vampire Hunter D 2. None of this would be happening but for two things. Retarded parents who pay no attention to anything their kids do and politicians determined to force personal opinion into law in an attempt to gain moral high ground. What's anyone else going to say? "No, I support everyone's god-given right to blow people's digital heads off. Slap a "T" sticker on there and sell it."

They should ban ignorance and the ability for idiots to breed.

Hus said:

uh... that's a little polarizing.

you're so angry most of the time... it is a little worrying.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Apostrovich said:
I'm freaking 22 with a five inch beard and I got carded here in the USA to BUY A LIGHTER. You can't tell me a 12 year old can go into walmart and buy himself Manhunt 2 when I get carded for buying Vampire Hunter D 2. None of this would be happening but for two things. Retarded parents who pay no attention to anything their kids do and politicians determined to force personal opinion into law in an attempt to gain moral high ground. What's anyone else going to say? "No, I support everyone's god-given right to blow people's digital heads off. Slap a "T" sticker on there and sell it."

Can't speak for my co-workers, but I card for games. Surprised a few people who didn't see that coming. Had one guy who kept showing up every week or so and never had id. And if a parent is purchasing a game I usually say something like, "And you are aware of the content of the game, correct?" As long as they they are fine with it its a sell. But overall, I wouldn't be surprised if carding for games is a lot more lax than for other things. Cops are more likely to enforce "tobacco related items, and alcohol.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Around the Network
Hus said:

and that would mean the extinction of the human race.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

More nonsense!

Nothing will come of it.

I would agree to a better or clearer rating system. UK has several rating systems, only one (BBFC) I believe is enforceable by law but its not compulsory and only applies to select 15 or 18 rated titles. RE4 (15) GTA, Bioshock (18) etc

Irresponsible parenting is the more likely culprit, buying whatever game their kid points at. An eight year old should not be exposed to the themes, language or morales of a game like GTA.

Still this doesn't mean it will turn them all into wanna be gangsters.

valen200 said:
Hus said:

and that would mean the extinction of the human race.

not really, a healthy eugenics project might do us good, hehe...

Lingyis said:
Hus said:

uh... that's a little polarizing.

you're so angry most of the time... it is a little worrying.

no worries i dont got a gun... yet.

watch the movie idiocracy, thats our future. 

That movie kicks so much ass, and I totally agree with you.