By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After Wii supporting 32GB,will we see BIG DLC like X360/ps3 from developer?

But with 2 Gbs you can have a lot of DLC so you don't need 32 Gbs...

i hope we can get Call of duty modern warfare 2 now..

Around the Network

realistically most people are gonna have 1-2 GB SD card, maybe we'll see Nintendo make the DLC limit larger, maybe we won't. I don't think they really need to.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

macross said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
Not everyone has an SD card... But it might become an option for those that do...

The developers might just say its not worth their time to do it, because of the small # of users with SD's...

Not everyone has a SD card but did the GHWT/Rock Band refuse to make download contents for Wii User?

Not everyone has a hardrive, did the X360 developer refuse to make download contents?

I would assume there are a much larger group who have HD360's, then SDWii's

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

A 32GB HDD costs much more than a 32GB SD. You want premium content youve got to pay for it.

I think the DLC works differently. Size would matter. The 4.0 firmware runs games from the SD card to the main Wii memory, then plays it from there. DLC would need be done in a similar manor, and size would be very important.

Maybe.

Around the Network
NeoGohan said:

How will a SD slot help get Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
NeoGohan said:

How will a SD slot help get Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii?

ya, whether it comes out or not is not gonna be based on that. it will be based on how much the first one sells, which so far it's around a million, so i'd say theres a good chance of it coming.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

The decision to develop a Wii SKU of CoD: MW2 was made before World at War even launched.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Voltaire hit the nail on the head. Technically stuff doesn't run directly off of the SD card, it's copied over to the Wii's internal memory on a temporary manner. As a result you'd never be able to run anything off of the SD card that was more then 512mb(minus whatever space you've taken up already).

As such, we won't be able to download some demo that's 2 gigs and run it because it's still too big to run off the internal Wii memory. Even game updates don't seem all that likely because again, nothing is actually running off the SD card, so any sizeable update would run into space issues again.

Really, what this update seems primarily for is for running Channels, and VC and WiiWare games 'off of' the SD card, though again you'll need to keep some free space on the Wii for this to even work.

I suspect that the SD port is either not fast enough to run games directly off it, or was simply never designed to operate in this manner in conjunction with the various pieces of Wii hardware(video card, cpu, ethernet card, etc.)

Kudos to Nintendo for listening to user complaints and doing something about it, but I highly suspect that short of releasing a Wii HDD that operates through the USB 2 ports(if that is even possible) this is the best solution we're going to get given the current hardware.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

SuperDave said:

Voltaire hit the nail on the head. Technically stuff doesn't run directly off of the SD card, it's copied over to the Wii's internal memory on a temporary manner. As a result you'd never be able to run anything off of the SD card that was more then 512mb(minus whatever space you've taken up already).

As such, we won't be able to download some demo that's 2 gigs and run it because it's still too big to run off the internal Wii memory. Even game updates don't seem all that likely because again, nothing is actually running off the SD card, so any sizeable update would run into space issues again.

Really, what this update seems primarily for is for running Channels, and VC and WiiWare games 'off of' the SD card, though again you'll need to keep some free space on the Wii for this to even work.

I suspect that the SD port is either not fast enough to run games directly off it, or was simply never designed to operate in this manner in conjunction with the various pieces of Wii hardware(video card, cpu, ethernet card, etc.)

Kudos to Nintendo for listening to user complaints and doing something about it, but I highly suspect that short of releasing a Wii HDD that operates through the USB 2 ports(if that is even possible) this is the best solution we're going to get given the current hardware.

I think this may not be the case, I believe Wii just need some memory for cache & I heard that Wii can run homebrew for more than 512 MB. I am not sure about that.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.