By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ZOE3 PS3 exclusive to be announced at GDC (rumour)

disolitude said:
richardhutnik said:
Will it be bundled with a demo for the next MGS game? That might help sales.

LOL. MGS2 says...Yes it will!

Looks like everything is going PS3 exclusive. I guess 3rd parites and Sony have decided to lose money together.

In this case I understand why PS3 would get the exclusivity over 360...first 2 are on PS platform and 360 userbase isn't very familiar with this game. However Wii could also be a pretty good home for this game.

This is what makes me doubt the exclusivity aspect of the rumor.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
richardhutnik said:

looks like everything is going PS3 exclusive. I guess 3rd parites and Sony have decided to lose money together.

Kind of like JRPGS on the 360. lmao. But I'm sure your right, ps3's don't sale. Let alone ps3 games. :P

PS3 Trophies

I remember when playing MGS4 they had Zone of the Enders displayed on Otacon's PC background.

I first started expecting this game at that point.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Solid_Raiden said:
disolitude said:
richardhutnik said:

looks like everything is going PS3 exclusive. I guess 3rd parites and Sony have decided to lose money together.

Kind of like JRPGS on the 360. lmao. But I'm sure your right, ps3's don't sale. Let alone ps3 games. :P

I don't think there is any doubt that MS and Square had a deal worked out for those JRPGs.  I doubt MS paid cash for them but they probably waived their licensing fee or dev kits cost or something.

Sony however doesn't make deals for exclusives.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/03/sonys-jack-tretton-we-dont-buy-exclusivity/

Yea, but weren't there references to other past Kojima games and not just Zone of Enders in MGS4?

Around the Network

How would this Not Sell? Sony/Konami would probably do a nice Ad campaign for this game and I thought we all knew the basic equation.

Kojima+Any PS3 Exclusive= Mass Hype and Sales
Robot Mechs fashioned after Gundam= Sales in Japan for The PS3

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Euphoria14 said:

^that......just that......

disolitude said:
Solid_Raiden said:
disolitude said:
richardhutnik said:

I don't think there is any doubt that MS and Square had a deal worked out for those JRPGs.  I doubt MS paid cash for them but they probably waived their licensing fee or dev kits cost or something.

sony doesnt buy exclusives just like how ms didnt pay for them.

Max King of the Wild said:
disolitude said:
Solid_Raiden said:
disolitude said:
richardhutnik said:

sony doesnt buy exclusives just like how ms didnt pay for them.

Your joking right?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

IllegalPaladin said:
Yea, but weren't there references to other past Kojima games and not just Zone of Enders in MGS4?

Could have been, I only remember Z.O.E. because it got me really excited and had me guessing. I absolutely love the Z.O.E. games.

Konami, please give me more Jehuty!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!