By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardware Failure

Having my Atari 2600 Jr break on me about an hour ago I started thinking about how owning so much hardware is horrible because of the frequency with which hardware breaks. Has anybody else had a problem with breaking gaming systems and controllers and if so, what have you had to replace? Personally, I've gone through:

2600 Jr
NES + 2 controllers
SNES + 1 controller
1 Genesis controller
3 PS2 controllers
Dreamcast
PSP 1000
1 SixAxis controller
3 PC's + 3 mice

Around the Network

If I only talk about consoles here, it only happened once: my GameCube stopped reading discs at one point. I had to buy another one, platinum colored this time around. It doesn't even match my black GameBoy Player anymore! :(

Oh yeah, I've gone through many N64 and GameCube controllers too because of the Super Smash Bros. games and Mario Party 1.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

1 NES
2 PS1
1 PS2
1 PC

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

1 Xbox 360 (thankfully MS fixed it for free..They actually sent me a brand new one made just last jun!!)
2 controllers
4 Guitar Hero Controllers
1 Rock Band Drum Set

wow you've had some bad luck:

I've gone through:

PS1
PS2 controllers x2 (both my fault)
PS3 controller (still works, but the joysticks are out of whack)
PSP 1000 (my fault)

So really I've had good luck, out of 11 handhelds and consoles, I've only had 1 break that wasn't my fault. And only one controller has been "broken" that wasn't my fault.

Around the Network

I've only had a GC controller break, but that was all the poor thing could do after I slammed it into the wall.

The main face buttons, C-stick, Z-button and R-trigger all stopped responding because the circuit board cracked in two.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Ya I've gone through...

4 PS2's
2 PS3's

But luckily I haven't had anything else break.

Sony hates me. See?

Tease.

3,ps1,.......power supply and overtemp..

2,ps2 ......no read the games

2,xbox 1,..scratch all games

pc alien ware ......total dead..

logiteh speack 5.1,...total dead..

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

I haven't had any consoles break on me, but have gone through some controllers.

2 or 3 N64 controller (usually the joystick gets a little lose and then it doesn't feel right anymore)

1 Gamecube controller (one of the buttons doesn't work right anymore)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

psp
2 snes
2 nes
ps3 controller........but miracle happened couple days ago...it started working

funny story....my ps3 controller died...would not take a charge...nor would it turn on...i kept it...i have no idea why...but couple days ago...i tried to throw it out...tried to find the 1 of 4 non DS3 controllers that weren't working...but i find out....all 4 of them are working now...so i have no idea which one of the 4 it is anymore..they all work so whatever....sony is a genius for making self repairing controller...lol