By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - give me your top ten First person shooters of all time list here

top ten of all time fps list and why, what did they bring that was new or what did they do that was great

Around the Network

I probably haven't played near as many FPS games as other people on the boards so take this as you will!

1. Goldeneye- This was my first FPS game. I've never had as much fun with any FPS as I have with this one. Oddjob FTW!
2.System Shock 2- This was the first game to scare me pretty bad. Plus, it was just insane. SHODAN ftw.
3. F.E.A.R- I loved the effects and creepy plot. Grenades were fun. :)
4. Perfect Dark- I played countless hours with my friends. Most of that fun came from weilding the Far-Sight XR-20.
5. Half-Life 2- I loved the plot. At the time I was enthralled by the graphics and physics. Oh, and Alyx Vance.
6. Bioshock- Unique environments, awesome atmosphere, plasmids, and plot.
7. Halo: Combat Evolved- Multiplayer with friends. Pistol.
8. Call Of Duty series-Loved the single player campaign. This game had a layer of polish that others lacked.
9. Quake series- Multiplayer with my buddies in the 2/3 and the single player in 4. The Strogg conversion was wicked.
10. Battlefield 1942- Absolutely loved the addicting multiplayer. Battlefield 2 was pretty close as well. Loved the tanks and sniping noobs.

Edit: What the hecK? how did I become king of the thread?

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Halo 3
Halo
Halo 2
Bioshock
Half-Life 2 Episode one
Half-Life 2 Episode two
Half-Life 2
Call of Duty 4
Prey
Call of Duty: World at War

perfect dark 64
Timesplitters
call of duty
goldeneye
original DOOM

No particular order:

Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Halo series
Breakdown
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Bioshock
Metroid Prime series
TimeSplitters series
Duke Nukem ("I'm gonna rip off your head and s**t down your throat!")
Call of Duty

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

No particular order:

Doom
Doom 2
Quake
Quake 3
Duke Nukem 3D
Half Life
Half Life 2
Goldeneye
Call of Duty 4
Bioshock

For people mentioning Metroid Prime, that's not a shooter, but if it counts then i mention Portal...

Duke Nukem 3D

Duke Nukem 3D

Duke Nukem 3D

Duke Nukem 3D

Duke Nukem 3D

Duke Nukem 3D

Duke Nukem 3D

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

1)call of duty 4
2)007 goldeneye
3)quake
4)kill zone 2

Halo CE
Halo 2 (online)
Goldeneye
Quake
Call Of Duty 4
Halo 3
Half Life 2
Left 4 Dead
Doom
Bioshock

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

COD 4
Killzone 2
BF 1942
UT3
RE4
Counterstrike
Doom
Quake
Goldeneye
COD

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.