By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Maybe .... we can do something with Zak and Wiki

So Capcom says nonsenses one day and other good arguments.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=12785

“Well, you know, Zack and Wiki…Another one in a long line of very highly rated Capcom games that unfortunately did not sell very well. We can take a part of the blame on ourselves by having it star a shirtless boy pirate. That is actually a personal favorite of a lot of people in Capcom, so don’t be surprised if you see it again but we have nothing in the works at the moment.” - Capcom Product Manager Colin Ferris

Well actually I think that we're part of the problem. Most of the reasons of why people didn't get  this game were "Looks too childish", "Too colorful", "Voices are too kiddy", "Not hardcore enough", yadda yadda. Anyway that arguments gives hope for another Zak and Wiki game on the future.

Around the Network

Oh Capcom...such teases.

"imagines zack and wiki sequel" damn capcom don't put things in to my head

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
alfredofroylan said:

“Well, you know, Zack and Wiki…Another one in a long line of very highly rated Capcom games that unfortunately did not sell very well. We can take a part of the blame on ourselves by having it star a shirtless boy pirate. That is actually a personal favorite of a lot of people in Capcom, so don’t be surprised if you see it again but we have nothing in the works at the moment.” - Capcom Product Manager Colin Ferris

Well actually I think that we're part of the problem. Most of the reasons of why people didn't get  this game were "Looks too childish", "Too colorful", "Voices are too kiddy", "Not hardcore enough", yadda yadda. Anyway that arguments gives hope for another Zak and Wiki game on the future.

They blame it not selling because the main character is a pirate?  How about because they didn't give it any marketing, that never crossed their minds  :O

Zack & Wiki tried to be too many different things. It had no distinguishable appeal.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

It really does deserve better sales, especially since it's only $10 everywhere.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

arsenal009 said:
alfredofroylan said:

They blame it not selling because the main character is a pirate?  How about because they didn't give it any marketing, that never crossed their minds  :O

Just don't mention that to Sven -- who will tell you that Capcom spent $2M on a TV campaign in Japan.

That money could have been used so much more wisely.

Like a bit of promotion and distribution at release.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

arsenal009 said:
alfredofroylan said:

no it's because the main character is a shirtless boy pirate...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Zack and Wiki: Puzzle Party imminent?

Pixel Art can be fun.

alfredofroylan said:

What? That's precisely why Carnival Games and that other crap shovelware sells millions on the Wii