By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will There Ever Be An RPG As Great As Tales Of Vesperia This Gen?

What are your thoughts?

Around the Network

I pray FF13/Versus 13/Kingdom Hearts 3 will make ToV look like shit.

ToV is my favorite jrpg this gen by the way, even though I had a lot of problems with it.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Yeah it's called FFXIII

FFXIII won't be close to ToV if it's anything like XII.

@G-Value

Let's have some faith in Tales of Ten even if it's for the Wii. I'm sure it will be amazing. Dragon Quest X will probably be better than Vesperia.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Final Fantasy 13 probably.

But Lost Odyssey is already out too aint it...

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:

@G-Value

Let's have some faith in Tales of Ten even if it's for the Wii. I'm sure it will be amazing. Dragon Quest X will probably be better than Vesperia.

Dragon Quest X? Oh god, what are you smoking?

I'll wait for Tales of Ten. As of right now, no, I can't see aything in the near future topping it. Even SO4 couldn't topple Vesperia.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I haven't played Vesperia, so I can't act on my urge to spit out Valkyria Chronicles despite it being close to a SRPG.

Seriously though, I can't wait to see for myself.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Fallout 3 and VC are better RPG's (you didn't said JRPG's!).

And Dragon Quest meh. For me Dragon Quest is just that overhyped like GTA IV is. I never understood what is so great about Dragon Quest.

Shadowblind said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

@G-Value

Dragon Quest X? Oh god, what are you smoking?

I'll wait for Tales of Ten. As of right now, no, I can't see aything in the near future topping it. Even SO4 couldn't topple Vesperia.

This coming from someone who mentions SO4 in the same breath as Vesperia? :)

Tales of Ten will get higher scores because it's on the Wii, but it'll be tough for it to honestly be better than Vesperia.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

There are quite a few JRPG games out this generation that are far better then Vesperia. heres a list.

LO - X360
Folklore - PS3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - X360
Valkryia Chronicles - PS3
Infinite Undiscovery - X360
With quite a few more on the way.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - PS3 (AKA will make all of the above look like childs play.)
White Knight Chronicles - PS3
X-Edge - PS3
The list goes on and on buddy. :P