By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Galaxy shown at GDC

http://www.vgcharts.org/news/news.php?id=155 Come and digg it !

Around the Network

this game is a buy

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Have you seen the Video?? I said WOW

Now this is what I am talking about! I hope this brings back the feeling I had with Super Mario 64. This game looks awesome.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Looks awesome!! Ahh, I can't wait!! This is what Wii games should look like. Not as bad as I thought (I think it's much more than 2 glued Gamecubes). And yes, It remembers me Super Mario 64 (One of my favorite games in all history...) Still, I don't see the especial use of the wiimote here. Whats more, seems to be prepared for the classic one. But if it comes from Nintendo, the best use of the wiimote is a sure. If Wii had more games like this harcore players won't be so doubtful...

Around the Network

I'm glad it doesn't overuse the Wiimote's motion capabilities. The Wiimote can function quite like a normal gamepad, and this game looks like it uses the right amount of traditional and motion control...makes it well balanced in my opinion.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

this game looks awesome.

This is definitely a must have.

yorch said: Looks awesome!! Ahh, I can't wait!! This is what Wii games should look like. Not as bad as I thought (I think it's much more than 2 glued Gamecubes). And yes, It remembers me Super Mario 64 (One of my favorite games in all history...) Still, I don't see the especial use of the wiimote here. Whats more, seems to be prepared for the classic one. But if it comes from Nintendo, the best use of the wiimote is a sure. If Wii had more games like this harcore players won't be so doubtful...
I actually don't understand why some Wii games look so bad (except for bad developers) ... If you look at how many pixels are being displayed and compare it to how many textured polygons the Wii is able to produce (with good scene-graph management) the Wii should be rendering more textured polygons than it is displaying pixels; visually, this means that you shouldn't see artifacts from polygonalization and all textures should be very crisp and clear ...

One note about Wii graphics. Nintendo in association with ATI patented a technology which can "simulate" polygons. It was like a "volumetric" texture. Hard to explain for me, I don't remember the name of the technology (and my english isn't that good either). I saw a photo, it was a ground texture, like asphalt in tiles. Before the application of the render, it was a plain texture, after, tiles were elevated from the ground, attending to the lights and shadows of the texture. In theory, this would allow Wii to "show" more poligons beyond its capabilities. I don't know if they finally included that technology or not. There was something about it in wikipedia, but as I said, I can't remember the name. In addition, lower resolutions should allow more polygons than much higher resolutions (and 1080p it's more much higher). I hope future Wii games to be like this one. Maybe they are not Crysis graphics, but we don't need so much (well, I have a PC for that... in a year I plan to buy a rocket-PC so Crysis won't be a problem :D). If Rare was still nintendo's partner... (banjo... :D____)