By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 AAA Titles between now and the end of the ear!

2009 is already off to a fast start when it comes to AAA titles, yet the best is still to come!  With releases like Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, and Street Fighter IV already out it seems hard to think that 2009 can produce five more games of equal or even superior quality, but the rest of the year is filled with some great AAA titles.

This list is of the top five AAA titles that appear to be released in 2009. Games like God of War 3, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13, etc. are not on the list since there is a good chance it will be released in 2010.

Title: Halo 3 ODST (Fall 09)

This game is a Halo game, and that by itself gets it on the Top 5. The current pearl of the 360’s exclusive lineup for the rest of the year. This game is a hit or miss game. It can either be great, or disappoint depending on how Bungie does without Master Chief as a main character. My bet is that they produce another great shooter. The online should be great as always, and Bungie is always known for producing great single player FPS’s. The story seems very interesting and the basic mechanics should be fine. This should be a very good purchase for 360 owners for only $40.

Title: inFamous (June 09)

An open world game where the player play as a superhero with electric powers. Sounds cool on the surface, but what really makes this game are the small details. You can choose multiple paths with your powers. You can either be good or evil, and your choices affect the city; not just the storyline. It hopes to perfect the parkour gameplay mechanics that some games have used before like Mirror’s Edge and Assassin’s Creed. This game looks to be a great game to hold over gamers from the Summer to the Fall.

Title: Bioshock 2 (Fall ‘09)

The sequel to one of the most innovative games in years is gonna get people excited. Then you read about what the developers have in store for the game and how can you not get pumped? In Bioshock 2, you play as the first ever Big Daddy and the main antagonist of the game is the Big Sister. The Big Sister is a fast and agile version version of the Big Daddy from the original Bioshock. The return to rapture looks great with some amazing new features such as being able to walk in the ocean, and online multiplayer. This game looks to continue the high quality associated with Bioshock.

Title: Uncharted 2 (Fall ‘09)

This game looks incredible. The best looking console game ever from what we’ve seen. The original Uncharted was a great game, and the sequel looks to improve the formula. This game has a very good combat system with a nicely implemented cover system. Unlike other third person action games like Gears of War, the guys at Naughty Dog actually put the game in colorful and vibrant environments. The puzzles and storyline take the game from decent action game to great AAA title. Naughty Dog looks to have a great game on the way.

Title: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Fall ‘09)

Yes, COD:MW2 is Number 1 on this list. COD4 was an amazing game with some of the best online multiplayer seen in gaming history. It allowed both casual gamers and hardcore gamers to enjoy FPS’s. Infinity Ward is known for making some of the best shooters in gaming so COD:MW2 should be no different. Infinity Ward always innovates their games, and hopefully COD:MW2 should do the same. When this game comes out this Fall, no other game will take up gamers time as much as COD:MW2.

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=5490

You agree or no? Sorry if its been posted

Around the Network

Too early to tell I think..

E3 usually changes everything. Whatever is announced by E3 will most likely be the rest of the lineup for the year. I say wait till E3 is over.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
E3 usually changes everything. Whatever is announced by E3 will most likely be the rest of the lineup for the year. I say wait till E3 is over.

I agree. E3 will certainly change lists.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'll also wait till E3 before making any sort of list. My most anticipated game this year was already released. I don't think anything will compare to it anyway.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

I hope Infamous is AAA, but I think it's too early to tell. The others on the list... Well, Uncharted 2 for sure. Too early to tell with the others, I think, though Bioshock 2 is probably pretty much guaranteed AAA status.

But hey, we're bound to see lots more games that are to debut this year, so the future is looking bright.

uncharted is overrated.

The Conduit,Call of duty modern warfare 2,and e3 lol

1-4 on the ps3 nice.

I'm very interested to see how odst does week 1.

Modern warfare 2 will be an absolute megaton.