By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft lashes out at Sony and Apple - signs of desperation? {I AGREE}!

Called spin they all do it but I agree MS should cut back and worry about there own stuff.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

As as interesting this is , its not new for competitors to trash talk one another.

"Recently during a conference Steve Ballmer, head honcho of Microsoft, took a cheap shot at Apple. He chastised Apple for having such an expensive device such as the iPhone when Microsoft could make something that does the same thing for much less - around $150 to $200. It seems like Ballmer is indicating that Microsoft could do a better job of selling smartphones than Apple, which is contrary to the sales figures. "

Wrong. I read the entire interview. You clearly didn't get the point of the interview.

This quote below better dictates what the interview was actually about. It was in matter of the current economy.

"Apple gained about one point, but now I think the tide has really turned back the other direction.

The economy is helpful. Paying an extra $500 for a computer in this environment - same piece of hardware - paying $500 more to get a logo on it? I think that's a more challenging proposition for the average person than it used to be. "

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10201068-37.html

I don't think Microsoft is satisfied with their current situation. They want a 100 million gap ahead of Sony. Microsoft likes to completely annihilate the competition in everything they get into and it annoys them that Sony won't give up. They know that even though they've been doing most things right this generation (throwing money for exclusives, etc.) they STILL have no room for mistakes. To them beating Sony by only 8 million consoles isn't good enough. It's like a best 2 out of 3 game. Sony won yesterday by over 100 million lead, today Microsoft is winning by a 8 million lead, and they're scared that tomorrow Sony is going to roll their sleeves up and give them a good lick. They just want Sony to give up entirely. That's all. But those are my 2 cents. I don't see Sony getting out of the video game industry within the next 10 years.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Another Techblorge piece of shit article confirmed. The very worst of gaming websites out there no doubt.

And to the above Techblorge will spin anything, anything. Best stay away from that turd of a site.

I can agree on that.

Around the Network

Why should MS be desperate? They are winning against Sony right now. No matter how this generation ends, Nintendo and MS will be the winner and Sony the loser. Even if the PS3 surpass the Xbox360, which is unlikely, MS still wins, regarding where both companies came from. Nintendo is out of reach for both.

For the past year 2008 Windows Mobile had a market share of 11.8%, while Apple had 8.2%. Nokia rules with 52,4%. That is not that bad, considering that MS never build a phone.

So why should MS be desperate? I don't get why people try to say MS is doomed. To me, they seem to have a very nice future.

Windows 7 had a great feedback so far, the beta was a success. Xbox Live and Video on Demand is getting bigger and bigger, Windows Live Messenger is very successful etc. Actually, there is no product that is not successful, except the zune :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Nintendo was the most arrogant of them all. they learned their lesson
Sony was also arrogant. they learned their lesson.
MS arrogance is reaching near Nintendo's 90s arrogance. it's gonna come back and bite them in the ass.

darthdevidem01 said:

Recently Microsoft lashed out against two of its competitors by taking jabs. The casualties in the latest wave of insults from Microsoft are none other than Apple and Sony. It seems like trash talking might just be a corporate mandate over at Microsoft. However, some might argue that such mudslinging could be due to insecurity or desperation.

Recently during a conference Steve Ballmer, head honcho of Microsoft, took a cheap shot at Apple. He chastised Apple for having such an expensive device such as the iPhone when Microsoft could make something that does the same thing for much less - around $150 to $200. It seems like Ballmer is indicating that Microsoft could do a better job of selling smartphones than Apple, which is contrary to the sales figures.

Aaron Greenberg, another boss over at Microsoft did a number on Sony by going into Microsoft’s mantra about how the PS3 is too expensive compared to the Xbox 360, which retails for as low as $200. Starting to see a pattern here? Of course Greenberg would feel that the PS3 should be priced as low as the Xbox 360 Arcade. This is despite the fact the PS3 has a harddrive, wireless adapter and blu-ray player. He also made it a point to put down Sony’s prize game, Killzone 2 for selling less than the downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto IV. This was a bit ridiculous considering Killzone 2 was only out for two days.

It almost sounds as if Microsoft has some internal brainwashing seminar going on behind closed doors to train everyone at the company to attack the competitors by playing the economy card. However, it really is hard to fault the company for trying to use the state of the economy as a selling point. With the US in a recession everyone’s pockets are being hit hard. I suppose the heads of the company could learn to use a bit of tact instead of slamming the competitor’s weaknesses, because it does reek of insecurity and desperation whether it is true or not.

I AGREE

MS should act mature & stop this "pissing" contest that they are currently undertaking!

Of course you agree,you hate evil MS,This is just about as bad as "PS3 is cHeApEr Than 360 cuz 1337 partz"

MS is just firing bullets back at Sony and Apple.

MS is just taking up Sony & Sega early day tactics trying to play down the competitor so that their product will be more readily acceptable.

Though I tend to agree that the iPhone is overly expensive for what you get.
CPU
Multi -touch screen
gfx chip
radio(cell chip)
radio(wifi chip)

I'm pretty sure a company could produce the same thing at about a $250-300 price tag. MS would be aiming to take another loss at their price. Then again it's cheaper to mass produce than not.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I have no doubt that Microsoft could produce a much cheaper phone if they wanted too. Could they sell them as well even if cheaper than the iPhone I doubt it.

Folks seem to be happy for them to be ripped off by Apple but that does not mean they are happy for anybody to do the ripping off.

This is all cyclical I would hardly say Microsoft was desperate though.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.