By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What niche(s) are you a part of?

Roguelikes!

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

Around the Network

I enjoy strategical games (SRPGs, TBS, RTS); economy simulators(capitalization); city building games (Sim City, Anno); Indie games; classical adventures (Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle); artsy and emotional games (SotC, ICO, Ôkami); JRPGs (if that counts as "niche" nowadays).

SHMUPS ala R-Type
The mass genre of the 80s and early 90s has become niche. :(

Off Topic:

1001 posts
Finally I am a Member! :P

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

i didn't know there was a genre called "emotional" lol

Combat-based action games (God of War, Devil May Cry). Not sure whether that is a 'niche' though.

Furthermore, I like survival horror, cinematic/'emotional' games, games with unconventional art direction (Okami, No More Heroes, Viewtiful Joe) and challenging, deep games in general (F-Zero GX, DMC3, SSB).

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

What is Niche? not played by the millions?

I play Burnout Revenge 4 years on!

Well, for a long time, I've been a JRPG and SRPG fan, but that was fading somewhat not too long ago. Back in the SNES days, if a game said it was an RPG, I wanted it. Nowadays, not so much. Too many of them (like FF7 and onward) gave up what I love about these games. Better storytelling and graphics can be nice, but not at the expense of everything else. This is something that, to me, Atlus knows, which is now why I'm more a follower of their games. I want a deep game, I want challenge, and the RPG makers of yore seem to have ignored those criteria in modern days...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Video Games.

JRPGs, TBS games with micromanagement, those are off the top.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Parasitic said:
Garnett said:
I know im one of the few ppl here in this niche,Stragedy First Person Shooter,not CoD not Halo Not Killzone 2,Real shooting games.

What?

I bet you haven't even played CoD1's expansion online.

CoD4/5 were partially aimed at the mainstream crowd, and they did a good job at it.

I played CoD 1 and i can tell you it was better than This CoD we have now,It may of been more realistic but its still mainstream game.