By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Almost 50 1 million sellers

trestres said:
Well, in reality 6 games are going to become million sellers in 1 week or 2 max, so 47 is closer to 50 than it is to 40. will be at 47 in April for sure. Then in may at 49 / 50.

Which games will that be?

As for the X360/Wii comparison:

The wii released on november 19, 2006.

The X360 released on november 22, 2005.

The wii reached 41 million sellers in 121 weeks. Or 48 in 123 if trestres is to be believed.

The X360 has 63 million sellers in 173 weeks.

Simple dividing shows that the wii needs almost 3 weeks (2.9) to have another million seller in it's life. The X360 needs a little less at 2.7 weeks. Now if we take trestres' word for it, and the wii will do 48 million sellers in 123 weeks the average lowers to roughly 2.5 weeks.

In other words, the consoles are roughly on par when it comes to million sellers

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
Esmoreit said:
trestres said:
Well, in reality 6 games are going to become million sellers in 1 week or 2 max, so 47 is closer to 50 than it is to 40. will be at 47 in April for sure. Then in may at 49 / 50.

Which games will that be?

Most likely candidates:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All-Play - 0.99m

Endless Ocean - 0.99m

Active Life: Outdoor Challenge - 0.98m

Call of Duty: World at War - 0.98m

Mario Super Sluggers - 0.98m

Ben 10: Protector of Earth - 0.98m

Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party -  0.94m(America only, missing PAL numbers)

Oh, damn. I thinked that Wii have already passed that mark, and I see SO MANY games adjusted down, that's a shame.

Whatever, on that list there are missing some games that are missing data, and should have already passed that mark (as DDR: HP, Super Monkey Ball: BB, etc.).

BTW, in the end of FY Nintendo should release the list of games that passed this mark.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Well actually it's not at 41. Tiger Woods 08, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, DDR: Hottest Party, and Call of Duty 3 are all platinum if the others sales were even up. So actually that puts us at 45 which we round up so going on the verge of 50. Not to mention 6 of them within 20,000 in sales of the title and 2 within 60,000.

Of course I'm sure the author hadn't noted that but that's ok. I think Wii is doing fine for million sellers but it gets more difficult when you have 3-4 titles centralized around the top sales. Makes the other ones become more difficult.

How about we say the Wii is APPROACHING 50 million copy sellers?

And the thing about the Wii's top sellers by Nintendo is that they happen to sell MUCH larger than 1 million sales, for the most part.

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
Most of the games that sold more than a million worldwide are first party titles. I think when the release the Conduit, they will finally have a top selling third party title. I have huge expectations for that game.

Actually not true even though almost everyone believes it to be. If you take the VG Chartz game list for the Wii ranked by sale. Starting with Call of Duty WaW since it is over 1M there are 46 games that have sold 1m.

Out of 46 games:            

Nintendo

39%

D3

Ubisoft

Majesco

Electronic Arts

THQ

Lucas Arts

MTV

Sega

Midway

Capcon

Red Octane

Nanco Bandai

Global Star

Activision

Disney

Activision Blizzard

Hudson

So actually while it is true that Nintendo has far more million sellers than any other single publisher , they only have 39% of the million sellers while other publishers have 61%

Wii60 BABY!