By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Almost 50 1 million sellers

KillerMan said:
Soriku said:
How many million sellers on the PS3 and 360?

X360: 63 and PS3: 28. And to correct op, Wii has 41 million sellers so it is nearer 40 than 50...

@ anyone who disagreed with KillerMan - he is technically correct.

'Almost has' and 'has almost' mean two completely different things

If a console has 0 million sellers, but 50 games that have sold 0.99 million, and each is selling 20k a week, then this console almost has 50 million sellers.

If a console has 49 million sellers (ie the N64 according to VGChartz), yet there is unlikely to be another million seller in its lifetime, then it has almost 50 million sellers.

So it is true that the Wii almost has 50 million sellers, but the OP was actually wrong when he stated that the Wii has almost 50 million sellers

/semantic argument

Around the Network

Scottie, you just made my thoughts trip over themselves. Well done.

Anyways, 50 is not impressive in the slightest. Let's wait for the Wii's million seller list to truly start going before making any threads.

Wii needs more compelling software for its list to increase. IMO it's a miracle that so many games have sold this much. After all the mega hits that the HD consoles are getting, the Wii has a respectable number of milllion sellers. Plus it's been a long while since Nintendo released first party software.

Gonna be difficult for the Wii to overtake the 360 if 3rd party devs keep on making half assed efforts. Majority of them won't be huge sellers, and considering the userbase, each third party should have at least a couple huge hits coming up for the Wii by now, but reality tells us that they are going the easy route. The HD consoles keep on getting hit after hit, the Wii, not so much- Gets good games, but none as mainstream as the ones the HD consoles are getting.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Most of the games that sold more than a million worldwide are first party titles. I think when the release the Conduit, they will finally have a top selling third party title. I have huge expectations for that game.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

The problem comes from Western third-parties. While the upcoming japanese games that are coming in 2009 will be good quality-wise they're too niche to sell. So the wii needs some decent games that are advertised from western devs to make up that difference.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network

While the records from the past generations are incomplete, it is interesting that the Wii is about the edge the SNES in two areas.

The shipped number of consoles has for the Wii recently topped the number shipped for the Super Nintendo -- meaning the install base will soon be greater.

And if predictions hold up, in a couple of weeks, it will have more "million sellers" according to the data on VGC. (SNES had 48).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

MontanaHatchet said:
Scottie, you just made my thoughts trip over themselves. Well done.

Anyways, 50 is not impressive in the slightest. Let's wait for the Wii's million seller list to truly start going before making any threads.

Well, it would be passing up the SNES, which is not shabby.

X360: 63 with less user base..what is the point? ..

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

point x said:
X360: 63 with less user base..what is the point? ..

X360 was released 1 year before the Wii that's why.

Snake612 said:
Most of the games that sold more than a million worldwide are first party titles. I think when the release the Conduit, they will finally have a top selling third party title. I have huge expectations for that game.

Only 17 of the Wii's 41 million sellers are published by Nintendo, that means the rest, 24, are from third parties. So you are wrong, most Wii million sellers are from third parties.