By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Seece said:
NeoRatt said:
Munkeh111 said:
No, first come first served, but in some tournaments, like Secret of Monkey island, like 8 people got 200, so it is just fcfs

Correct, this was started before the Resident Evil 5 tournament when it was suggested that the first over the line deserves to get full glory rather then having to share it with people who take longer.  It dealt wth the exact situation that happened in Resident Evil 5 in March and Monkey Island...  Since this season started ties have gone to the runner in all the races... 

It rewards people who "game" hard to win tournaments.

What about Americans who get a headstart??

*Gloat mode on*

It doesnt matter for Resident Evil 5, as i dominated everybody here and had it at 1k for like... a week before anyone 

*Gloat mode off*

Around the Network
Seece said:
Well done Grahamhsu you got to 100% on Shadow Complex first

Yes congrats Graham!! You really showed erikers who's boss :P
Personally I'm torn on wheter or not to try and finish out the tournament.  I started playing on normal to get the less than 13 percent of the items achievement.  I had beaten it on hard.  Anyway, picked up a few health packs thinking I would need them... half way through was already at 10 percent so I quit.  I guess you can't get any items except for the ones you have to have.
Then I started playing on insane to level up, thinking I could go back after I hit 50 and get that other achievement.
But I don't really want to blast through one of the best games in years in less than a week!  That kind of sucks.  I'm thinking now I would rather just put it down for a while and come back to it later.

Well I have 1340/1350 on Fable 2 now. I can't believe there isn't anybody here who doesn't have the Garth, Reaver and Hammer dolls. Those are all I need to finish this game and get all the points. Who could go on living knowing how close they are to completing Fable and not being able too?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

JPL78 said:
Seece said:
Well done Grahamhsu you got to 100% on Shadow Complex first

Yes congrats Graham!! You really showed erikers who's boss :P
Personally I'm torn on wheter or not to try and finish out the tournament.  I started playing on normal to get the less than 13 percent of the items achievement.  I had beaten it on hard.  Anyway, picked up a few health packs thinking I would need them... half way through was already at 10 percent so I quit.  I guess you can't get any items except for the ones you have to have.
Then I started playing on insane to level up, thinking I could go back after I hit 50 and get that other achievement.
But I don't really want to blast through one of the best games in years in less than a week!  That kind of sucks.  I'm thinking now I would rather just put it down for a while and come back to it later.

I'm so sick of Shadowcomplex at this point....I've beaten the game already 5 times in 4 days. Although I've only completely beaten the game twice. Getting to level 50 took longer than I thought, first playthrough was on hardcore, second half insane half hardcore minimalist run, 3rd insane, 4th insane done on the same day I completed it the 3rd time. 5th day last playthrough on insane because my gf wanted to see the ending to the game -_-. Around the 4th playthrough I got to lvl 50, tip for those wanting to speed up levelling do a lot of melee attacks for multiplier, blow up barrels for multiplier, lob nades into the green pipes as well, and missile shot giant robots on the back of the head for one hit kill and multiplier.

@JPL you can get the first health pack that you'd have to jump over if you wanted to skip it, and there's a couple other items that are hard to skip like one gold bar, also once you get the foam gun, you can pick up missiles at the area with the missile turret. That allows you to skip to the end section of the game right when you get the foam.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

erikers said:
Well I have 1340/1350 on Fable 2 now. I can't believe there isn't anybody here who doesn't have the Garth, Reaver and Hammer dolls. Those are all I need to finish this game and get all the points. Who could go on living knowing how close they are to completing Fable and not being able too?

I have all the dolls, friend request me and I can lend them to you ^^

Around the Network

Graham, thanks for the tips. I may hold off on it for a while I can't decide. I need to beat Fear 2 so I can trade for Batman.

Erikers, I can live knowing I was that close to completing it and then not. After Knothole Island I needed that one more collection achievement where you get all those items and trade for other items at that store. Anyway, I didn't feel like doing it, was kind of bored of Fable 2 and traded it in. So to answer you question, not everyone feels magnetically compelled to get every single achievement in a game. Its actually quite a freeing feeling.

JPL78 said:
Graham, thanks for the tips. I may hold off on it for a while I can't decide. I need to beat Fear 2 so I can trade for Batman.

Erikers, I can live knowing I was that close to completing it and then not. After Knothole Island I needed that one more collection achievement where you get all those items and trade for other items at that store. Anyway, I didn't feel like doing it, was kind of bored of Fable 2 and traded it in. So to answer you question, not everyone feels magnetically compelled to get every single achievement in a game. Its actually quite a freeing feeling.

Are you trying to kid yourself?

Seece said:
JPL78 said:

Are you trying to kid yourself?

Hehe, yeah, I'm just kidding myself.  Whenever I get that feeling that I've grown tired of a game and wish to play something else instead, its really an elaborate lie my mind tells me so I don't feel bad about not completing every single game 100 percent like an O.C.D. freak!

But I have lots of respect for the people who are that completionist.

Seece said:
erikers said:

I have all the dolls, friend request me and I can lend them to you ^^

Sweet, you can get second in Shadow Complex, I already can't stand how long it takes to level up anymore in it ;)

JPL78 said:

I don't feel compelled to get every achievement in a game.  I feel compelled to get all the ones that are easily obtainable.  For example, all I need in Dead Rising are the 5 and 7 day achievements.  If I really wanted them I could do it but I don't care that much.  Same with Orange Box and Mass Effect and some others. 

What truely bothers me about achievements like the Fable one is that it was something so simple yet unobtainable without the help of other people while none of the other achievements in the game were like that.  And the one you skipped wasn't a time consuming or difficult one.  You pretty much have the items needed to buy 50% of the store the first time you go there.