By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Thanks!

And yeah, I saved shortly before hitting 29, leveled, and took Here and Now and Devil's Highway/Karmic Rebalance.

Around the Network

@jagenjg, I'm sorry to hear that. Everyone at my work feels like its only a matter of time before that happens to us. I hope you are able to find something good soon.

@graham, unfortunately I had to trade in Red Faction to get Ghostbusters. Maybe if you get Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 we can play that sometime and I still want to play Left4Dead some more. I will have to check out this cheap ass gamer website. What does it do? I'm assuming alerts you on all the best game bargains?

@eNamrah, I may have to join gamefly. I started too the other day but I don't like having stuff that automatically comes out of my bank account every month. Still, I could save a lot of money that way.

As for Fallout 3 congrats badgenome! I'm quickly heading for a plat myself. I'm level 28 and about to finish Broken Steel. I had the same idea as you, hit level 29 and save the game right beforehand to get those perks and reset my karma. I still need Pointe Lookout but it maybe a few weeks before I can get it.

Also I notice Sonic's Ulitimate Genesis Collection hit plat status! Nice.

edit: I was able to count enough change to afford the Pointe Lookout download.  Know what I'll be doing this weekend :o)

Yes!!! 1000g in DiRT, just 3 days after I started playing the game!!! I think I am going to play through Mass Effect once more now, because I have to play it through 2 more times for the 1050g, and I am going away next week, so that should help split things up

JPL78 said:

I just got it so that probably put it to enough people.  Horrible game by the way.  80% of the games are pure crap.  I couldn't stomach playing it anymore so I just ordered Dead Space, I'll go back to it for the rest of the achievements some time later. 

I'm waiting for Mothership Zeta to come out so I can get that with Point Lookout then I'll have the full points on Fallout 3 too.  Probably just in time to make it too many people with full points. 

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
JPL78 said:

I just got it so that probably put it to enough people.  Horrible game by the way.  80% of the games are pure crap.  I couldn't stomach playing it anymore so I just ordered Dead Space, I'll go back to it for the rest of the achievements some time later. 

I'm waiting for Mothership Zeta to come out so I can get that with Point Lookout then I'll have the full points on Fallout 3 too.  Probably just in time to make it too many people with full points. 

Horrible game?  Sonics, Spinball, Golden Axes, Phantasy Stars, Shining Forces etc. on one disc!  You better not let Ronster hear you talking like that.

Around the Network
deadt0m said:
erikers said:
JPL78 said:

I just got it so that probably put it to enough people. Horrible game by the way. 80% of the games are pure crap. I couldn't stomach playing it anymore so I just ordered Dead Space, I'll go back to it for the rest of the achievements some time later.

I'm waiting for Mothership Zeta to come out so I can get that with Point Lookout then I'll have the full points on Fallout 3 too. Probably just in time to make it too many people with full points.

Horrible game? Sonics, Spinball, Golden Axes, Phantasy Stars, Shining Forces etc. on one disc! You better not let Ronster hear you talking like that.

All 3 of the Golden Axe games are horrible. I always wanted a game where as soon as enemies were on both sides of you, you can't move and just get hit over and over. Sonic spinball is easily the worst of the sonic games on there and has always sucked. Sonic 3D Blast didn't exactly light the world on fire either. Everybody knows Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckles are great games. But some of these games on it aren't even 3rd rate games, they're 4th and 5th rate throw away junk.

Is there anybody alive that is really going to defend E-Swat, Flicky, Bonanza Bros, Comix Zone etc? I'd waterboard myself before I played through those games again.  Nostalgia doesn't blind me, those kinds of games were horrible when I was a kid too. 

erikers said:
deadt0m said:
erikers said:
JPL78 said:

I just got it so that probably put it to enough people. Horrible game by the way. 80% of the games are pure crap. I couldn't stomach playing it anymore so I just ordered Dead Space, I'll go back to it for the rest of the achievements some time later.

I'm waiting for Mothership Zeta to come out so I can get that with Point Lookout then I'll have the full points on Fallout 3 too. Probably just in time to make it too many people with full points.

Horrible game? Sonics, Spinball, Golden Axes, Phantasy Stars, Shining Forces etc. on one disc! You better not let Ronster hear you talking like that.

All 3 of the Golden Axe games are horrible. I always wanted a game where as soon as enemies were on both sides of you, you can't move and just get hit over and over. Sonic spinball is easily the worst of the sonic games on there and has always sucked. Sonic 3D Blast didn't exactly light the world on fire either. Everybody knows Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckles are great games. But some of these games on it aren't even 3rd rate games, they're 4th and 5th rate throw away junk.

Is there anybody alive that is really going to defend E-Swat, Flicky, Bonanza Bros, Comix Zone etc? I'd waterboard myself before I played through those games again.  Nostalgia doesn't blind me, those kinds of games were horrible when I was a kid too. 

Ronster is going to come in here and kick your ass seriously!

I can't argue your opinion but I disagree.  It's nearly 50 freaking games for, well you probably didn't pay anymore than 20 dollars for it.  A lot of bad crap? Sure.  But there is some good stuff there.  By the way I can defend E-Swat and Comix Zone.  Sure, E-Swat doesn't hold up now days but I had a blast with when I was young.  As for Comix Zone, that's one of the best 16 bit brawlers period.  It's hardcore as hell and innovative and fun. Golden Axe does go downhill as the series progresses, I give you that but if you are just sitting there getting hit from both sides you are playing it wrong.  It's actually pretty easy if you play it right.  Also I will defend Sonic Spinball, I still like playing that to this day but I like pinball games so I guess I'm biased.  But I'll give you that Sonic 3D blast sucks a fat one.

Eh :( I'm sad, I hit level 30 early into Point Lookout so if or when I get Mothership Zeta I'm just going to be grinding achievements and not really getting any level up satisfaction from it.

@ Erikers.

What's all this then? Some severe Sega classic games dislike taking place here.............. "Shakes fist"

I have seen on your gamercard that you have been playing mostly the worse games on the collection first.

You still have the brilliance of all 3 streets of rages to play.

All sonics of course. (well, you have played part 1, but 2, 3 and knuckles are fantastic)

Other classics include.......................

Shinobi III: Return of the ninja master.

Kid chameleon.

Vectorman.

Columns.

Ristar.

Doctor robotniks MBM.

Ecco the dolphin.

Phantasy star games.

And of course the origional arcade version of shinobi.

All in all i would say at least 25 of those games are classics.

And about comix zone......... personally i think its a fantastic game with truly exceptional level design and looks.

I played them in alphabetical order. The way the game presents it to you and the way the achievements are set up. So far the only ones I thought were good were Beyond Oasis, Heddy, Alien Storm, Fatal Labyrinth, Kid Chameleon and Decap. Columns would be good if it had any kind of depth, which it doesn't. Ecco the dolphin might be the worst game ever made.

The fact that great games like Turtles in Time and X-men Apocalypse came out around that time and showed you what great sidescroller brawlers truely are makes you realize how bad a lot of these games in that genre are.  However, when I get around to playing the second half of the games on the list I will return with the second part of my review.

@Erikers ouch I think Golden Axe 2 is a classic, maybe you need to play some co-op do they have online play on it? Beating the crap out of your friends for items is awesome =). I also stand by Ronster and JPL on Comix Zone personally I think it's a great game, multiple paths and creative boss fights for a 2d beat em up.

@Ronster wow they have Kid Chameleon and Vectorman? I might have to buy this now those two games were my favorite back in the day.

@JPL maybe I'll get MvC2 I'm not very good though >

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-