By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Their are many reasons why I think Castlevania HD is by far growth for the series.

First off the HD graphics.  You can scale the map out to three different camera lengths AND the right analog controls the camera with a flick.  Like if you want to look a room over or up a room.  But the graphics maybe recycled from old games but they have definitely been given an up res.

Total choice of characters.  All the characters play differently and have their own abilities to earn and level up.  Jonathan is a tank and the only one with the classic whip.  Alucard and Soma use different weapons you pick up, anything from a short sort to a lance or even handguns (and an RPG if you beat the game on normal and buy it) Both Alucard and Soma gain new abilities or spells.  Shanoa is half mage half fighter with a special ability that allows for vast shortcuts in the stage and much more loot.  Charolette is straight up mage and has to absorb the enemy spells by blocking them with her bind magic shield.

Deep loot and item system with randomized drops and a heavy reliance on luck.  All your characters share communal equipment so whenever you play, online or off, you are always adding to the main cause.

Multiplayer, obvious the big one and tied in with difficulty level.  To beat any one boss solo is an accomplishment at first.  After multiple play throughs of the stage you can usually solo.  Bosses are obviously easier with more than one person and I'm sure push overs with a full party.

Hard Mode, after beating the 6 maps (massive maps btw) you unlock hard mode, crazy new items and such.  This boosts playtime on an already expansive game.  Playing with all the characters, getting the 200 gamerscore I predict about 35-40 hours.

Upcoming DLC with maps and new characters... enough said.  This game rocks and I haven't even tried survival mode where you are all hunting each other down.  Sorry for the rant I just am suprised at the overall quality and replayability in this game for an arcade title and the sorry reviews and lackluster sales compared to limbo and hydrothunder.

Around the Network

@Erikers.

No, I did not give points  to them.  You will notice I have a caveat in the League Rules on Platinums.

"Points are only awarded to someone when they set a new platinum high score within the update week according to xbox.com NOT MyGamercard.NET.  When new league member joins the league they only get platinum points in the games that they increase the platinum score upon."

When someone gets a new platinum I have been checking xbox.com to ensure their last achievement gained was in the update week.  If it is they get platinum points if it was not they don't get the points. 

I did do an exception for some games this week.  If it was a new platinum, and the last achievement was sometime this year, they got points.

Hey guys have any of you that have played darksiders experienced any glitched achievements. I just got the second to last one and when you get it the last achievement for unlocking all other achievements is supposed to pop as well, unfortunately not for me. Anybody have any suggestions on what i need to do? Any help would be much appreciated.

Actually guys i got it sorted just had to reload a previous checkpoint so you can pretty much ignore all i just said.

I've noticed an abnormal amount of people who have bought Castlevania: HoD on my list.  It seems like the game is really popular, especially compared to what the review score for the game is.  I haven't gotten to try the demo for it yet but I played the demo for Limbo and I'm definately going to buy that whenever its at $10 or less. 

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:

I've noticed an abnormal amount of people who have bought Castlevania: HoD on my list.  It seems like the game is really popular, especially compared to what the review score for the game is.  I haven't gotten to try the demo for it yet but I played the demo for Limbo and I'm definately going to buy that whenever its at $10 or less. 

I played a few minutes of C HoD and it seems really good.  Worth the purchase even at 1,200 points.

Around the Network

It's starting to piss me off that my Tomb Raider Underworld achievements will not unlock!  If the one for unlocking all of the speed demons and the swan divers would ever unlock, I'll have the highest score in that game!!

d21lewis said:

It's starting to piss me off that my Tomb Raider Underworld achievements will not unlock!  If the one for unlocking all of the speed demons and the swan divers would ever unlock, I'll have the highest score in that game!!

I know what you mean by glitched achievements.  This week I took it upon myself to finish Dig Dug from XBLA.  The Dig achievement requires you to dig out the entire screen.  I did it 8 times before the achievement unlocked!

The league is up-to-date for this week. 

360 Gamerscore League
GS Career GS Season GS Weekly MGC Leaderboard
TA Career TA Season TA Weekly TA Leaderboard
League Career League Season League Weekly League Rules

Platinum  Game Awards Platinum Games Active Tournies Potential Tournies

@NeoRatt

Cheers for sorting out my platinums

Woooooo!  Third place!!