By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Hey Neo where did the Assault Heroes platinum go?

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network

So here's my little soapbox rant about Red Dead Redemption.

I'm somewhere near the end of the game right now, and while I'm not saying the game is terrible or anything like that, I still do not see why this game has gotten the praise it has. The first third of the game is well done and introduces you to the main game mechanics. I have no problems there. The game turned sour for me when entering into Mexico, which made sense for the main plot of the game, but instead about two of the fifteen or so mission down in Mexico actually focused on the main plot. Instead, there's a pointless side story of the Mexican revolution featuring characters I couldn't care less about. I mean, the entire purpose of that story seems to be to drag the game length out and nothing else. The main story has gotten better in the last third, which I'd still be playing right now, but guess what, the game crashed on me for the second time at the end of the longest mission of the game thusfar. Awesome right! Nevermind that I was sniping heads earlier in that mission and apparently my snipes aren't good enough because they don't have any effect on the enemy unless I hit them in the right spot on the head. Also, I shot an enemy four times and watched him simply go back into cover after each round. This game is a buggy, glitchy mess.

Like I said, it's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but instead of being reluctant to finish it, I can't wait to finish it so I can go play something else. Fool me once Rockstar, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

@themanwithnoname, I couldn't disagree more.  I don't even like Rockstar and I think they are overrated, but I absolutely love RDR.  I haven't encountered freezing or bugs, but I believe them to be there.

The mexico thing, I don't know.  I didn't mind that part, I felt it fleshed out the world in general and the scenery was pretty there. eNamrah said the same thing you did, that it was just filler, but I guess I didn't mind.

Also, best....ending....ever!

But I'm just gushing, I can see how other people might not like it.  I just think its miles ahead of Grand Theft Auto, which everyone else seems to love, and I barely even care about.

themanwithnoname said:

Catching up on E3 stuff now, two more games this year I'm looking forward to are Enslaved (nice art style, fun looking combat and platforming) and Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (I'm hoping for some neat puzzles in this game, as I think you switch back and forth between the two characters or control the Majin somehow).

Interestingly enough, both are from Namco.

pretty sure they said that big guy is solely AI controlled.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

jagenjg said:

Hey Neo where did the Assault Heroes platinum go?

It is still there.  The icon doesn't show up because the new site re-design weeds out any graphical URLs that have " " signs.  Assault Heros is one of them...

Maybe Seece can influence the VGChartz Gods...

Around the Network

I'm actually starting to get a little bit worried about eNamrah.  He hasn't logged into Live, VGChartz or True Achievements in 8 days.

I know the obvious things would be, vacation or broken X-box, but we played RDR the day before he disapeared and he didn't say a thing about being gone for a bit.  If it was a broken X-box then I wouldn't imagine he would also stop using the internet for a week.

JPL78 said:

I'm actually starting to get a little bit worried about eNamrah.  He hasn't logged into Live, VGChartz or True Achievements in 8 days.

I know the obvious things would be, vacation or broken X-box, but we played RDR the day before he disapeared and he didn't say a thing about being gone for a bit.  If it was a broken X-box then I wouldn't imagine he would also stop using the internet for a week.

That is concerning.  I have always enjoyed eNamrah's prescence in the league.  He's been one of the most proactive and stable people in the league.

@Neo, that's always been the disturbing thing about online friends to me.  If something happens, you wouldn't know, you would just notice they didn't log in and wonder about it forever.

I enjoy his presence in the league as well, and I've really enjoyed having someone to play co-op with.

But its most worrying because he's like me and Ron, he doesn't go a full week without playing, and he doesn't own a PS3 or Wii to my knowledge.  I had just overtaken him (accidently) for the RDR plat, I can't for the life of me imagine he wouldn't want to take it back immediately.  If he was leaving the league or something you know he has enough respect to post here and say so.  But he would still be on Live regardless.  I wouldn't be worried but its so unlike him and I worry something really bad has happened.

Maybe I'm being stupid and he's just on vacation but unless he's in a cabin in the woods somewhere there aren't many places in the world without internet.

If he's not back on this week to partake in some crackdown 2 I will be really worried since he's been talking about how much he can't wait for it to come out.

Wow, Overlord 2 is just a massive piece of crap.  I highly recommend no one plays it.

Bad Graphics that would be okay if it wasn't mixed with crappy framerates and bad cameras.

Speaking of camera, you control the camera with the same stick you use to control your minions, you just end up fighting the damn game more than not trying to get basic gameplay things done.

Also gotta love  how your auto lock trigger seems to prefer avoiding anyone actually fighting you, right in your face, and instead usually turns you right around, points to the distance somewhere and locks on things you can't even see.  Meanwhile you get brained by the guys standing right there hitting you.

Anyway, rant over, I can't play it anymore.

Post Steal #20