By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

JPL78 said:
Neo, yeah, I noticed that. But gamefly already shipped it by the time I read. I think as a huge fan of the earlier games I should like it anyway. Aside from that there have been more than a few games that got hammered and I still loved. Divinity 2 comes to mind, damn the reviewers that game is awesome!

Tropico looks interesting, not enough games of that type on the 360, is it more like civilization or more like sim city?

To me it looks more like Civilization.  For some reason Tuesday game shipments got delayed today so I wasn't able to get it. 

I know what you mean about reviews.  Some games get too high of ratings.  Others get too low...  For some reason, even the best RPGs are not getting excellent ratings this generation (outside of Mass Effect and Dragon Age)...  To be frank, reviewers should be reviewing games for what they are and rewarding games that "just play well" rather than slagging them simply because they prefer to be playing a FPS over an hardcore RPG. 

Typically FPS rate decent.  I'm surprised AvP is sitting so low, especially after a developer interview where Rebellion said AvP was going to be better then their previous NextGen efforts (Rogue Warrior and Shellshock 2)...  It is doing better, but, the others were in the 20's and 30's...  I expected more like 80's.

Around the Network

havent tried the demo for the new one but the others more like sim city.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
havent tried the demo for the new one but the others more like sim city.

Either way I want it...  I liked both Civilization and all the SimCities...  Next shooters for me are Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Metro 2033...

Bad Company 2 should be nice. I thought the first one pulled itself off as a dirty dozenish, war buddy movie and your team was funny.

Aside from that the improved destruction is going to be heaven in multiplayer.

I hope they bring back the golf course map as fan service.

I haven't tried the team games yet, but matchmaking for survival of the fittest (individual deathmatch) in Bioshock 2 sucks.  When you get to lvl 3 or 4 you're placed in with players in their teens.  And then when I hit lvl 10 it seemed every match had 2 or 3 players in the 30s.  It's almost impossible to win with such a discrepancy in level.  The individual mode also heavily favors the player lucky enough to get the Big Daddy suit first.

Around the Network
eNamrah said:

I haven't tried the team games yet, but matchmaking for survival of the fittest (individual deathmatch) in Bioshock 2 sucks.  When you get to lvl 3 or 4 you're placed in with players in their teens.  And then when I hit lvl 10 it seemed every match had 2 or 3 players in the 30s.  It's almost impossible to win with such a discrepancy in level.  The individual mode also heavily favors the player lucky enough to get the Big Daddy suit first.

So is the multiplayer mode even worth trying or should I stick with Single Player only when I get it.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

I am late getting home today...

I am pulling the numbers but will not post them until Friday in North America (Late Friday or Early Saturday in Europe).

I'm getting Aliens vs Predator today.

Anyone else get it?

Grahamhsu said:
eNamrah said:

So is the multiplayer mode even worth trying or should I stick with Single Player only when I get it.

Don't get me wrong, the multiplayer is enjoyable and from what I've read the team games are more fun.  That doesn't mean the solo mode sucks.  It's very fast and chaotic.  The average game is around 6-10 minutes long.  Overall the multiplayer experience is good (aside from the freezing, lag and matchmaking issues), and it's fun to experiment with the different plasmids/weapons as you unlock them, but I can see it getting stale fairly quick.  I wouldn't expect there to much of a MP community 6+ months from now.  I probably won't play much once I hit lvl 40.  I'm very close to lvl 20 after nearly 5 hours of online play and should hit 40 around 25 hours.  So 25+ additional hours of gameplay added with the 10-15 hour campaign isn't bad.

Carl2291 said:
I'm getting Aliens vs Predator today.

Anyone else get it?

JPL has it.  I'm interested to hear his opinion on the game and whether the critics were correct or not.