By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

I also heard there weren't bottle neck moments like the silos in MW that I HATED. I kinda like that all the achievements are for the single player game. Seems like it would make it where people aren't just constantly trying to skeeze achievements online.

Grahamhsu, it's going to be a little while for me. But I'm sure you'll be playing it for a while. Definitely no later than Christmas, I can't wait any longer than that. But I'm down for some co-op when I do get it.

edit: Screw it, I can't resist.  I'll have my copy of Left 4 Dead 2 by this evening.

You guys, we need to get some leaguers together to kick some zombie ass.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
so, how does the orig. CoD play (on xbox).

Well I just beat COD 1.  Took 6 1/2 hours.  It's a pretty good game, pretty COD 2ish in parts.  But there's also something else pretty interesting within it, there are sections of the game that are very Return To Castle Wolfenstein-like.  There's big sections where you're going through huge mansions or sewers alone gunning down tons nazis by yourself which was giving me deja vu in a good way since RTCW is a great game. 

If you want an idea of the graphics it's pretty much the same engine that was used for RTCW which also makes it similar.  Think Halo 2, Brothers In Arms Earned In Blood quality.  The battles are a lot smaller in scale than the battles in other games after and there's health packs instead of regenerating health.  There's tons of health packs though so it's not an issue.  There's also no infinite spawning enemies that every other game in the series has which is something that might interest people.  You can see the foundation of Call of Duty 2 in it but it's a much more personal experience with a lot of solo old school parts.  Game runs good and the graphics are decent. 

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

I'm finding L4D2 much harder than L4D. Aside from the difficulty (normal now seems like advanced and easy like normal), the campaigns are longer and more confusing which hurts replayability. Large areas with more hiding spaces for special infected so you can't pick them off from distance. The path to the safe house is never straight forward and obvious like in L4D so it's easy to get lost. The AI teammates are more useless than before. The director is more aggressive. The more human teammates, the more of a bitch the director is. Horde, specials, horde, specials etc. without much of a lull between. You're given fewer opportunities to compose yourself.

I haven't played versus or scavenge but the campaigns have been a bit of a disappointment.

When i get my payments from college i might be renting ODST and buying L4D2.

Cant wait to see if i got 1st place in the MW2 tournament

eNamrah, remember 8 witches on one stage last night?

I agree completely. The director was out for blood last night, you don't get a second to rest. Special infected always come at you 4 or 5 at a time... Its just unfair.

On top of that we had non-communicative idiots and bad lag.

Yay.

Around the Network
eNamrah said:
I'm finding L4D2 much harder than L4D. Aside from the difficulty (normal now seems like advanced and easy like normal), the campaigns are longer and more confusing which hurts replayability. Large areas with more hiding spaces for special infected so you can't pick them off from distance. The path to the safe house is never straight forward and obvious like in L4D so it's easy to get lost. The AI teammates are more useless than before. The director is more aggressive. The more human teammates, the more of a bitch the director is. Horde, specials, horde, specials etc. without much of a lull between. You're given fewer opportunities to compose yourself.

I haven't played versus or scavenge but the campaigns have been a bit of a disappointment.

I agree that the game is way harder, I didn't get an acheviement for beating a campaign because I died right when the boat got to us at the end. All that hard work.

JPL78 said:
eNamrah, remember 8 witches on one stage last night?

I agree completely. The director was out for blood last night, you don't get a second to rest. Special infected always come at you 4 or 5 at a time... Its just unfair.

On top of that we had non-communicative idiots and bad lag.

Yay.

I think Valve took away a lot of the original game's appeal: simplicity. The additional difficulty, specials, witches, pick-ups, time events, etc. might increase the pressure and chaos of the game but hurt the fun. The 1st game was much easier to pick up and play. Even with poor teammates it shouldn't take so long to beat a campaign on normal.

edit: and as you said, the lag on all online campaign games has been awful. supposedly all of the dedicated servers are cooked. it's fine in local.

@yungmagic09: how did you get tank burger? with AI or human teammates? that's one of the hardest achievements. AI always shoot at the tank preventing the achievement.

BTW, it's funny how the AI pick up melee weapons but rarely, if ever, use them. I was hoping Valve would allow the AI to pick up pipe bombs, etc. and then they could give 'em to you.

eNamrah said:

@yungmagic09: how did you get tank burger? with AI or human teammates? that's one of the hardest achievements. AI always shoot at the tank preventing the achievement.

BTW, it's funny how the AI pick up melee weapons but rarely, if ever, use them. I was hoping Valve would allow the AI to pick up pipe bombs, etc. and then they could give 'em to you.

Me and a few friends played scavenger and camped in a bathroom using only melee weapons. I was suprised to get it but the tank went down pretty easily.

The more I play it the more I think they ruined it. If Normal is the new Hard then how come I could beat part 1 on Hard and now I can't even finish a campaign on Normal.

And seriously, who played the first game and said... you know, this just isn't hard enough.

I played local server and it was fine. But its funny that 95 percent of all games are playing easy. Not that I blame them, I guess I'll just resign myself to easy as well. But that hurts my pride. I've been playing games for nearly 30 years, beat hundreds and hundreds of games, play most games on their hard difficulty and yet this is getting the best of me.

You know there is a line you can cross from difficult but rewarding to stupid and impossible. Shame on Valve.

Eh, I may trade it back while its worth more. I don't need to come home after a long day of frustrating work, cut on my Xbox to relax and end up getting pounded on by frustrating godlike enemies.