By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will a $99 X-Box 360 outsell a $250 wii?

Have you heard this crazy rumor? That the Arcade could drop to $99 this year? That's CRAZY! If this happens the "HD" console race is over- FINISHED! We can forget about PS3 Vs. 360.

The question is: Will the 360 start outselling the Wii?

Note the following jibber-jabber is irelevent to this thread:

"They won't drop the price to $99" The thread is asking if they DO.

"The HD console war is over anyway" This thread is not about PS3 Vs. 360 it is about 360 Vs. Wii. They are not one in the same console and they are made by different companies stop pretending the 360 and Wii are buddies.

Anyway.... engage!

Around the Network

$99 360 with games packed in (AT LEAST ONE CASUAL GAME), would sell double.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Zomb1337 said:
$99 360 with games packed in (AT LEAST ONE CASUAL GAME), would sell double.

That a vote for yes it will?

Huh? $99 arcade system? I *doubt* that. :|

If so, I'll have a 360 again. As far as That price against a Wii- be hard to predict. The Wii has motion control after all.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

I don't see it happening, but it would probably get within 25% of the Wii's numbers, yes. Don't forget that it's also 'popular' to want a Wii--not a fad, but it's sort of seen like a big lifestyle thing for many. The price isn't the only factor.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

No.

So far we have 1 yes (me). 2 no and 2 I don't knows.

At $99/£70 I'd buy another one like a shot.

I doubt it. The Wii is a phenom. I also doubt MS would drop down to $99. Seems like taking an unnecessary loss. They did say they would counter a PS3 price drop, but they did not specify how.

Megadude said:
So far we have 1 yes (me). 2 no and 2 I don't knows.

Mine was a yes, I was just saying that I don't believe they'll actually drop the price that low.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."