By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor Price Cuts Coming in April For BOTH PS3 and 360!!!

There’s been some stuff flying around in the air.  No, it’s not pollen or birds; it’s a little something we’d like to call “rumors”.  For some time now, there’s been rumors being thrown around about Sony’s PlayStation 3 getting a significant price cut this month.  Every single analyst and their mothers have been forecasting these visions of theirs for quite some time, now.  But, according to a GameStop Regional Manager in New York who wished to remain anonymous, those rumors are indeed true – and it’s coming for both systems next month.

The PS3 is indeed getting its price cut, as everyone envisioned, as per the GameStop Regional Manager who indicates that these new prices are already entered in GameStop’s systems.  However, it seems that Microsoft has a little trick up their sleeves to counter Sony’s second price-cut since the PS3’s release.  According to the GameStop employee, the Xbox 360 will be getting a more significant price cut than the PS3.  What?  Yea… that’s what I said to myself as well.  What SKU is receiving the cut in price has yet to be determined, but in the case that it is the Arcade version – which is currently priced at $199.99 – that means that it might be going down to $99.99 or, in the case of the Elite, $299.99 from its current $399.99 price tag.  The PS3’s two SKU’s are priced at $399.99, for the 80GB, and $499.99 for the 160GB Uncharted bundle, which gives an idea of how significant this 360 price drop has to be.

So April, guys and gals, we can supposedly expect these price cuts next month.  It’s going to be one spicy 2009 if these rumors prove to be true, I’ll say that much.  As much as we can all agree that Sony has been a genius in what they do with regards to consoles, we can’t rule out Microsoft’s tactics to keep themselves entrenched in second place.  A surprise and a kick in the nuts if Microsoft’s price drop proves to be fact.  I hope Sony is wearing a cup.

http://loot-ninja.com/2009/03/20/rumor-mill-price-cuts-coming-in-april-for-both-ps3-and-360/

Around the Network

LMAO. A $99 Arcade would be hysterical.

$99 Xbox 360 Arcade

cheaper than Ps2
_--

lol wut

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

LMAO $99, when you make up rumour, make it believable...

Lol $99... meaning I can get 3 arcades for the price I payed for my PS2 back in the day. Or 5 arcades for my PS3.

Around the Network

Wow, an Arcade for just over the price of a game.......

99 arcade i would probably buy it.

Gamestop cutting the prices on used consoles -- confirmed.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

And you think the wii is a monster, this would def. get interesting if it comes true.

If true I hope PS3 remains the same price. It would be good to see how many more X360s than PS3s are sold.