Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official February 2009 NPD Thread

Khuutra said:
Smeags said:
Kenology said:

I like people who like Fire Emblem.

And I fight for my friends!

Speaking of which... *goes to befriend Kenology*

Alrighty, now I can fight for you!

(Ilyana is the coolest FE character ever )

Beefcake!

BEEFCAAAAAAKE

Hector Hard Mode OWNED me.  Seriously.

@ Smeags - Thanks!

Around the Network

Since nobody had an answer for this before I figure I could ask it once more.

When do we usually get the full NPD software sales list?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

lestatdark said:
We all know pokemon is the king of gaming sales, no other series can even touch them in raw numbers, the fact is that 175 million units solds in the whole saga, is just way too much for anyone to ever get there.
I've been saying that for a while, especially when people try to throw sales numbers at other games (halo 3 vs KZ2 sales) because most people think halo is the king of sales.

Ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

No, but really. Mario.

MontanaHatchet said:
lestatdark said:
We all know pokemon is the king of gaming sales, no other series can even touch them in raw numbers, the fact is that 175 million units solds in the whole saga, is just way too much for anyone to ever get there.
I've been saying that for a while, especially when people try to throw sales numbers at other games (halo 3 vs KZ2 sales) because most people think halo is the king of sales.

Ha ha.

No, but really. Mario.

He may mean in terms of per entry in the main series.

Even then.

No, but seriously.

Wii series.

one question. is the ps3 down from february 08 and from last month or was it up?.

Around the Network

Always fun when NPD comes out, glad to see all consoles doing good, glad to see SFIV doing better than expected, PS3 version closer to 360 than expected also, WW they must be neck and neck like other Capcom Multiplat.

PS3 doing well in its weakest territory, i can imagine there doing better in others than we expect, if sony can hold on till august or september so it can manage to reduce costs of the console and drop the price by a $100 in all territorys it would be the best possible strategy for them !

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:
lestatdark said:

Ha ha.

No, but really. Mario.

Even then.

No, but seriously.

Wii series.

No, he was clearly talking about the series as a whole, since he mentioned how much software the series has moved. And by that measure, Mario beats Pokemon by a huge amount and the Wii series by a REDONKULOUS amount.

Seriously.

MontanaHatchet said:
Khuutra said:

Even then.

No, but seriously.

Wii series.

No, he was clearly talking about the series as a whole, since he mentioned how much software the series has moved. And by that measure, Mario beats Pokemon by a huge amount and the Wii series by a REDONKULOUS amount.

Seriously.

Forgive me, I just assumed he could not possibly mean that Pokemon had sold more games than Mario.

I'm sorry montana, but i don't get why are you laughing. Pokemon is a bigger saga (sales wise) than mario. The only way mario outsells pokemon is due to the fact that the original mario bros sold 40.21 million due to it coming along with the NES, same case that with wii sports. Pokemon always sold separatedly, counting out some special color editions. It may not be by a large amount, but pokemon out edges mario

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@montana

the POKEMON SERIES is the only one not "bundled" with anything or with a console

POKEMON is the BIGGEST FRANCHISe in terms of sales full stop.

it did everything without A SINGLE bundle!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey