By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Introducing the MoBi for the PS3.

Hey, so I e-mailed the people at mLani, and I got a few of my questions answered. Here's the e-mail convo:

Me:

"Dear mLani,

I recently found out about your new product, the MoBi. I saw rumoured pictures a while ago, and I was immediately interested. Today only confirms my dream! I was just wondering whether or not this product will include recharcgeable batteries? That is definately a must have in my opinion.

I was also wondering what the expected MSRP is going to be?

I realize that you might not be allowed to answer my questions, but it was worth the try.

Thank you for your time,

Jaycee Bam

PS. I currently reside in Canada, will this products Canadian release date be delayed (relative to the USA). Will it even be coming to Canada? "

mLani:

"Hi Jaycee

Thanks for the note.

The Mobi controller will be hitting retail stores in about 6 weeks.

The Mobi can use rechargeable batteries but comes with 2 regular AA.

It is completely wireless (no cable between the mouse and left grip) so each side has 1 battery.

Retail suggested price is $79.99.

I have added you to the pre-pre-order list and will send you an email with more details in about 4 weeks.

Keith
mLani"

Hope you enjoy the extra info!

Around the Network
Jaycee_Bam said:
Hey, so I e-mailed the people at mLani, and I got a few of my questions answered. Here's the e-mail convo:

Me:

"Dear mLani,

I recently found out about your new product, the MoBi. I saw rumoured pictures a while ago, and I was immediately interested. Today only confirms my dream! I was just wondering whether or not this product will include recharcgeable batteries? That is definately a must have in my opinion.

I was also wondering what the expected MSRP is going to be?

I realize that you might not be allowed to answer my questions, but it was worth the try.

Thank you for your time,

Jaycee Bam

PS. I currently reside in Canada, will this products Canadian release date be delayed (relative to the USA). Will it even be coming to Canada? "

mLani:

"Hi Jaycee

Thanks for the note.

The Mobi controller will be hitting retail stores in about 6 weeks.

The Mobi can use rechargeable batteries but comes with 2 regular AA.

It is completely wireless (no cable between the mouse and left grip) so each side has 1 battery.

Retail suggested price is $79.99.

I have added you to the pre-pre-order list and will send you an email with more details in about 4 weeks.

Keith
mLani"

Hope you enjoy the extra info!

80 BUCKS!!!!  Man I hope thats incorrect, that might be a little too steep for FPS dominance.   I can get 2 DS3 controllers for that.  

screw that ill go buy a video game and a $20 dollar card for that price

that controller is awesome, i guess pc fanboys should respect consoles now ;)

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Nice work Jaycee, I already have a lot of rechargeable batteries so no worries for me on that. $80 isn't bad at all imo, I can afford it at least (and no I'm not rich or anything) will definitely pick this up.

@786_ali - Good luck with that, lol.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network

I prefer the IR pointer in the wiimote

Twilightman on Gametrailers