By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jaaau! said:
nightsurge said:
HDDVD_ftw said:

Actually no it's only logical lead platforms are now mostly PS3s since RE5 PS3 outsold easily 360 version according to vg numbers.

It seems the US are not the only country in the world (by the way, Europe is the biggest market right now).

Again, RE5 PS3 outsold RE5 360 just because of the huge difference in the first week for Japan.  Without Japan, the 360 would have won the first week, so it seems pretty obvious that the 360 is bound to beat the PS3 version in just a few weeks time.

But don't you realise how weak is your point? 

I sure don't.  Seems very realistic given how front loaded every Japan game is.  The 360 version, in the west, sold 140k more in the first week.  As Japanese sales of the game diminish at an alarming rate over the next few weeks, the American and Others will decrease much slower, thus with an American lead of so many units, it seems like the only logical answer that the 360 version will eventually be the top seller.

I'm not saying "don't count japan at all, they don't count!"  I'm saying that to base the entire lifetime sales prediction off of a game that was a huge Japanese frontloaded and favored game is rediculous given the reasons I stated above.

But why do I even bother?  I'm arguing with a guy who has an avatar that looks like a hippie on mary jane.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ damkira

*sigh*

Do we need Euphoria to come debunk that statement.....AGAIN?

Killzone 2 was never even stated by the forum majority to even be a big system mover.

That along with this new "Japan doesn't count" argument is so bogus that I am not even going to waste my time. To me it just sounds like "Japan doesn't count because it has 3x install base but Americas counts because it has 2x install base".

Makes you wonder how all multiplat comparisons would look if we did the same and excluded US sales.

I'll just sit back and enjoy this one.

And once again a game is touted to be the "Killer App" PS3 game before it comes out, and then is flogged off in a sea of excuses once it releases and underperforms. It is very predictable anymore.

And really, the whole lol RE5 sold more on one system or another is just the man behind the curtain. It doesn't change the fact that MS homebased Sony by nearly 40k in the more important hardware sales department. But hey, whatever makes you sleep at night, right?

NPD meltdown confirmed.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

^ I know ay? excuses like "oooh it's because of japan why ps3 outsold the 360 version" while b4 RE5 was released there wer tons who are saying that the 360 will destroy ps3 sales FW because of the higher install base.

FastFord58 said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ damkira

*sigh*

Do we need Euphoria to come debunk that statement.....AGAIN?

Killzone 2 was never even stated by the forum majority to even be a big system mover.

That along with this new "Japan doesn't count" argument is so bogus that I am not even going to waste my time. To me it just sounds like "Japan doesn't count because it has 3x install base but Americas counts because it has 2x install base".

Makes you wonder how all multiplat comparisons would look if we did the same and excluded US sales.

I'll just sit back and enjoy this one.

And once again a game is touted to be the "Killer App" PS3 game before it comes out, and then is flogged off in a sea of excuses once it releases and underperforms. It is very predictable anymore.

And really, the whole lol RE5 sold more on one system or another is just the man behind the curtain. It doesn't change the fact that MS homebased Sony by nearly 40k in the more important hardware sales department. But hey, whatever makes you sleep at night, right?

NPD meltdown confirmed.

When did Killzone 2 "underperform"? *scratches head*

It is tracking above CoD4 right now, not to mention it released in February and not the holiday season.

Where did everyone say that it would sell Halo 3 numbers or Gears 2 numbers? Where did everyone say it was going to shift hundreds of thousands of consoles?

It isn't excuses for it's "underperforming", it is more like excuses to make it "seem like it is underperforming" when that couldn't be further from the truth.

If your first sentence is Killzone 2 related anyways.

What is to say that NPD will be bad for PS3 fans anyways? It could go either way.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Grains of salt all around.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=63832&page=3

LOL!!!!

CGI-Quality said:
@ Euphoria

Actually I think he's claiming that "underperforming Killer App" to be RE5, but I could be mistaken...

PS: I don't see why KZ2 would have anything to do with this debate in the first place...

I thought the first paragraph was in response to my Killzone 2 comment while the second made it clearly apparent that is was aimed at the whole RE5 situation.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Awesome boost for 360 hardware!! Awesome sales for RE5 on both consoles, especially the PS3. We shall see where the legs take us.

I find it ironic and sad that rather than congratulating the PS3 for phenomenal SW numbers, and congratulating the 360 for phenomenal HW sales, both sides are pointing fingers and bickering unintelligently. Grow up....sheesh!

Wii is a beast as always!

nightsurge said:
HDDVD_ftw said:

Actually no it's only logical lead platforms are now mostly PS3s since RE5 PS3 outsold easily 360 version according to vg numbers.

It seems the US are not the only country in the world (by the way, Europe is the biggest market right now).

Who is this guy and why is he so dumb?  Most lead platforms are still 360.  Some developers have switched to PS3 lead platform, but ONLY some.  Most definitely not more than use the 360 as lead.

Again, RE5 PS3 outsold RE5 360 just because of the huge difference in the first week for Japan.  Without Japan, the 360 would have won the first week, so it seems pretty obvious that the 360 is bound to beat the PS3 version in just a few weeks time.

Yeah sure, wake me up when 360 wins, right now 360 looses 45/55, so you're the one looking dumb with this comment. Denial is surely strong in fanboy minds.

@XxXProphecyXxX

What's so funny? RE5 on PS3 DID outsell the 360 version WW on its first week...oh right you don't know how to read, tough luck understanding numbers...